Streaming and downloading, both the terms are mostly used when we use the internet. Let’s see that these terms one by one the we will see the difference between them.
Streaming refers to the viewing of the content hold on within the remote machine (server) instead of the shopper machine. Now, however will this streaming works? within the streaming of the media and applications, the media bitstream is split into tiny chunks or blocks that area unit transferred severally. With this, the receiver is capable of coding and playback the portion of the bitstream that’s received by the end-user at a specific time.
So, this can be however the transmitter systematically sends the packets of multimedia system knowledge whereas the receiver accepts, decodes and examine the received parts of the bitstreams concomitantly.
Downloading is totally different from streaming; it involves the storage of the content at the client’s machine from the server before viewing the content. It are often explained by taking the instance of the FTP protocol, within which the file is downloaded first before overwhelming it. Downloading could be a strong technique of delivering the content to the end-user. It eliminates the buffering of the content because it happens at the time of streaming.
Difference between Streaming and Downloading:
|1.||Streaming is the process of transferring the content block by block and viewing it afterwards.||Downloading is a method during which all the information is transferred promptly then viewed.|
|2.||In streaming, stable and sensible net speed are required.||While in downloading, variable speed might conjointly work.|
|3.||Less time required.||More time required.|
|4.||Buffering exists in the case of streaming.||Here, Buffering does not exist.|
|5.||Screen resolution could be higher if the web or net speed is good.||Here, screen resolution depends upon downloader.|
|6.||In the case of streaming, memory space is not needed at the same time.||Here, memory space is needed to download multimedia content.|
|7.||In the case of streaming, video quality can be changed between the process.||Here, once the downloading starts, video quality can’t be changed.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Downloading and Uploading
- Streaming Stored Video
- What is RTS(Real Time Streaming)?
- Difference between Stop and Wait, GoBackN and Selective Repeat
- Difference between Stop and Wait protocol and Sliding Window protocol
- Similarities and Difference between Java and C++
- Difference between Yaacomo and and XAP
- Difference between VoIP and and POTS
- Difference and Similarities between PHP and C
- Difference between Time Tracking and Time and Attendance Software
- Difference Between Single and Double Quotes in Shell Script and Linux
- Difference between ++*p, *p++ and *++p
- Difference Between DOS and Windows
- Difference between User Level thread and Kernel Level thread
- What’s difference between The Internet and The Web ?
- Difference between Priority Inversion and Priority Inheritance
- What’s difference between Linux and Android ?
- What’s difference between header files "stdio.h" and "stdlib.h" ?
- Difference between HTML and HTTP
- Difference between http:// and https://
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : pp_pankaj