Steganography is a method in which secret message is converted into fake message. Steganography means cover writing. Steganography is the idea to prevent secret information by creating the suspicion. Steganography is less popular than Cryptography. In steganography, structure of data can not be altered.
The Forms of steganography are:
1. Text 2. Audio 3. Video 4. Images
Cryptography means Secret writing. In cryptography, Sender does not send message directly to the receiver, before sending information to the receiver information or plain text is converted into cipher text by using some encryption algorithm then send to the receiver and receiver decrypt the cipher text into plain text to read the original information.
It is of two types:
1. Symmetric key cryptography 2. Asymmetric key cryptography
Now, we shall see the difference between them:
|1.||Steganography means cover writing.||Cryptography means Secret writing.|
|2.||Steganography is less popular than Cryptography.||While cryptography is more popular than Steganography.|
|3.||Attack’s name in Steganography is Steganalysis.||While in cryptography, Attack’s name is Cryptanalysis.|
|4.||In steganography, structure of data can not be altered.||While in cryptography, structure of data can be altered.|
|5.||Steganography supports Confidentiality and Authentication security principles.||While cryptography supports Confidentiality and Authentication security principles as well as Data integrity and Non-repudiation.|
|6.||Steganography relies on parameter such as Key.||While cryptography does not relies on any parameter.|
GeeksforGeeks has prepared a complete interview preparation course with premium videos, theory, practice problems, TA support and many more features. Please refer Placement 100 for details
- Image Steganography in Cryptography
- Difference between Cryptography and Cryptology
- Classical Cryptography and Quantum Cryptography
- Early Evidence of Steganography
- DNA Cryptography
- Cryptography and its Types
- The CIA triad in Cryptography
- Quantum Cryptography
- Cryptography Introduction
- Development of Cryptography
- RSA Algorithm in Cryptography
- Avalanche Effect in Cryptography
- Birthday attack in Cryptography
- Bifid Cipher in Cryptography
- Easy Key Management in Cryptography
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.