IP stands for Internet Protocol. IP address may be a distinctive numerical symbol allotted to every device on a network to spot each affiliation unambiguously.
The distinction between Static and Dynamic IP address lies inside the length of allotted scientific discipline address. The static scientific discipline address is fastened scientific discipline address that is manually allotted to a tool for a protracted amount of your time. On the opposite hand, the Dynamic scientific discipline address oft changes whenever user boots his/her machine, and it’s mechanically allotted.
Difference between Static and Dynamic IP address:
|S.NO||Static IP Address||Dynamic IP address|
|1.||It is provided by ISP(Internet Service Provider).||While it is provided by DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol).|
|2.||Static ip address does not change any time, it means if a static ip address is provided then it can’t be changed or modified.||While dynamic ip address change any time.|
|3.||Static ip address is less secure.||While in dynamic ip address, there is low amount of risk than static ip address’s risk.|
|4.||Static ip address is difficult to designate.||While dynamic ip address is easy to designate.|
|5.||The device designed by static ip address can be trace.||But the device designed by dynamic ip address can’t be trace.|
|6.||Static ip address is more stable than dynamic ip address.||While dynamic ip address is less stable than static ip address.|
|7.||The cost to maintain the static ip address is higher than dynamic ip address.||While the maintaining cost of dynamic ip address is less than static ip address.|
GeeksforGeeks has prepared a complete interview preparation course with premium videos, theory, practice problems, TA support and many more features. Please refer Placement 100 for details
- Difference between Static and Dynamic SQL
- Difference between Static and Dynamic Routing
- Difference between Static and Dynamic Web Pages
- Difference between Static and Dynamic Hazard
- Difference between static and non-static variables in Java
- Difference between Static-1 and Static-0 hazard
- Difference Between Network Address Translation (NAT) and Port Address Translation (PAT)
- Difference between MAC Address and IP Address
- Difference between 3-address instruction and 1-address instruction
- Difference between 3-address instruction and 0-address instruction
- Difference between Static and Shared libraries
- Difference between var and dynamic in C#
- Difference between Fixed and Dynamic Channel Allocations
- Difference between Compile Time and Load Time address Binding
- Difference between Compile Time and Execution Time address binding
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.