Static hazard occur in combinational circuits and can be eliminated by using redundant gates. Static hazard is classified as:
1. Static-1 hazard :
If the output is currently at logic state 1 and after the input changes its state, at the same moment the output changes to 0 before settling on 1, then it is a Static-1 hazard.
2. Static-0 hazard :
If the output is currently at logic state 0 and after the input changes its state, at the same moment the output changes to 1 before settling on 0, then it is a Static-0 hazard.
Difference between Static-1 and Static-0 hazard:
|STATIC-1 HAZARD||STATIC-0 HAZARD|
|Output changes from 1 to 0.||Output changes from 0 to 1.|
|It is false ‘0’ level for a short interval.||It is false ‘1’ level for a short interval.|
|AND-OR circuit produces static-1 hazard.||NAND-NOR circuit produces static-0 hazard.|
|The graph goes from high to low then again high.||The graph goes from low to high then again low.|
|Static-1 hazard with contact networks is a tie set hazard.||Static-0 hazard with contact networks is a cut set hazard.|
|SOP is used for removing static-1 hazard.||POS is used for removing static-0 hazard.|
|We deal with 1s in staic-1 hazard.||We deal with 0s in static-0 hazard.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Static and Dynamic Hazard
- Difference between Stop and Wait protocol and Sliding Window protocol
- Similarities and Difference between Java and C++
- Difference between Yaacomo and and XAP
- Difference between VoIP and and POTS
- Difference and Similarities between PHP and C
- Difference between ++*p, *p++ and *++p
- Difference Between DOS and Windows
- Difference between User Level thread and Kernel Level thread
- What’s difference between The Internet and The Web ?
- Difference between Priority Inversion and Priority Inheritance
- What’s difference between Linux and Android ?
- What’s difference between header files "stdio.h" and "stdlib.h" ?
- Difference between HTML and HTTP
- Difference between http:// and https://
- What's difference between MMU and MPU?
- What's difference between Microcontroller (µC) and Microprocessor (µP)?
- What's the difference between Scripting and Programming Languages?
- What’s difference between “array” and “&array” for “int array” ?
- What's difference between char s and char *s in C?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.