1. Structured Query language (SQL) :
A structured Query language is a computer language for relational database system. Relational database system like MySQL oracle Sybase Informix uses SQL as standard database language for storing retrieving manipulating data and store in a relational database.
Here are some SQL commands that used for communication with database like storing retrieving manipulating data.
- Data definition language used for create, drop, alter, truncate in database.
- Data manipulation language used for insert, update, delete data in database.
- Data control language used for Revoke and grant data.
- Transaction control language used for commit, rollback data.
- Data Query language used for select data.
2. Transact structured Query language (T-SQL) :
TSQL stands for Transact structured Query language which is a Microsoft tool and extension of SQL language. TSQL mainly used for writing entire program of block function procedure that defines how things need to be complete and creating an application in which each application sending transact query over SQL server and there is no interaction with database. It executes as a whole block with extension of SQL language.
There different type T-SQL function are used in T-SQL :
- Scalar function
- Ranking function
- Aggregate function
- Rowset function
Difference between SQL and T-SQL :
|Structured Query language (SQL)||Transact Structured Query language (T-SQL)|
|It stands for Structured Query language and it is developed by IDM.||It stands for Transact Structured Query language and it is developed by Microsoft.|
|Structured Query language is used for look over data using queries.||Transact Structured Query language used for creating application and add business logic.|
|In Structured Query language we insert SQL into T-SQL.||In Transact Structured Query we do not insert T-SQL into SQL.|
|RDBMS is uses for managing data.||In which we use extension of server that used by MS SQL server.|
|In Structured Query language, we perform DML and DDL operation.||In Transact Structured Query, there is a block od codes that used to write function and procedure.|
|It executes single statement.||It executes as whole block.|
|In SQL, there is interaction with Data base server.||In TSQL, there is no interaction with database server.|
|It mainly used for manipulate data||It mainly used for creating application.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between DDL and TCL
- Difference between AIX and iOS
- Difference between AIX and OS/2
- Difference between Hue and Pig
- Difference Between Blu-Ray and DVD
- Difference between IBM DB2 and MS SQL
- Difference between TCP and RTP
- Difference between DFD and ERD
- Difference between MAN and WAN
- Difference between C++ and Go
- Difference between OOP and POP
- Difference Between DVD-R and DVD+R
- Difference between DVD-R and DVD-RW
- Difference between H.323 and SIP
- Difference between CLI and GUI
- Difference between LAN and MAN
- Difference between Blu-ray and DVD
- Difference between T-SQL and PL-SQL
- Difference between C and C++
- Difference between AIX and IBM i
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.