1. Structured Query language (SQL) :
A structured Query language is a computer language for relational database system. Relational database system like MySQL oracle Sybase Informix uses SQL as standard database language for storing retrieving manipulating data and store in a relational database.
Here are some SQL commands that used for communication with database like storing retrieving manipulating data.
- Data definition language used for create, drop, alter, truncate in database.
- Data manipulation language used for insert, update, delete data in database.
- Data control language used for Revoke and grant data.
- Transaction control language used for commit, rollback data.
- Data Query language used for select data.
2. Transact structured Query language (T-SQL) :
TSQL stands for Transact structured Query language which is a Microsoft tool and extension of SQL language. TSQL mainly used for writing entire program of block function procedure that defines how things need to be complete and creating an application in which each application sending transact query over SQL server and there is no interaction with database. It executes as a whole block with extension of SQL language.
There different type T-SQL function are used in T-SQL :
- Scalar function
- Ranking function
- Aggregate function
- Rowset function
Difference between SQL and T-SQL :
|Structured Query language (SQL)||Transact Structured Query language (T-SQL)|
|It stands for Structured Query language and it is developed by IDM.||It stands for Transact Structured Query language and it is developed by Microsoft.|
|Structured Query language is used for look over data using queries.||Transact Structured Query language used for creating application and add business logic.|
|In Structured Query language we insert SQL into T-SQL.||In Transact Structured Query we do not insert T-SQL into SQL.|
|RDBMS is uses for managing data.||In which we use extension of server that used by MS SQL server.|
|In Structured Query language, we perform DML and DDL operation.||In Transact Structured Query, there is a block od codes that used to write function and procedure.|
|It executes single statement.||It executes as whole block.|
|In SQL, there is interaction with Data base server.||In TSQL, there is no interaction with database server.|
|It mainly used for manipulate data||It mainly used for creating application.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Structured Query Language (SQL) and Transact-SQL (T-SQL)
- SQL | Difference between functions and stored procedures in PL/SQL
- Difference between T-SQL and PL-SQL
- SQL | Procedures in PL/SQL
- Difference between Static and Dynamic SQL
- Difference between Simple and Complex View in SQL
- Difference between SQL and NoSQL
- Difference between SQL and PLSQL
- Difference between DELETE and DROP in SQL
- Difference between MySQL and MS SQL Server
- Difference between JOIN and UNION in SQL
- Difference between COMMIT and ROLLBACK in SQL
- Difference between DROP and TRUNCATE in SQL
- Difference between Where and Having Clause in SQL
- Difference between order by and group by clause in SQL
- Difference Between Hadoop and SQL Performance
- Difference between From and Where Clause in SQL
- Difference Between Hadoop and SQL
- Difference between Inner Join and Outer Join in SQL
- Difference between Natural join and Inner Join in SQL
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.