SEO is the act of improving the visibility of a website outcomes on specific search engines through unpaid forms of online advertising. It is used to increase traffic to a website by improving its rank on search engine page.
SEM is the act of improving the visibility of a website outcomes on specific search engines through paid advertisements. It includes Search Engine Optimization, contextual advertising, AdSense, social networking, pay-per-click (PPC), AdWords, and so on.
|SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.||SEM stands for Search Engine Marketing.|
|It is a part of SEM.||It is used for traffic generation and is a superset of SEO.|
|Result will take time to appear.||Immediate result.|
|Suitable for low-budget companies.||Suitable for big-budget companies.|
|No need to pay for website clicks.||Amount is paid for website clicks.|
|Traffic potential is unlimited.||Traffic potential is limited depending on the budget.|
|It is inexpensive.||It is expensive.|
|Long-term benefits.||Short-term benefits.|
|Example: Backlinks creation||Example: Google Ads|
- Only 30% of new businesses state they use SEO for marketing. A simple 12% use PPC promotions(TNW News).
- 47% of digital marketers state SEO is one of their best strategies but 39% also recognize it as one of the most difficult.(TNW News)
- Difference between CLI and GUI
- What is the difference between GUI and CUI?
- Difference Between BFS and DFS
- Difference between CRT and LCD
- Difference between PNG and GIF
- Difference between MAN and WAN
- Difference between 1G and 2G
- Difference between MP4 and MP3
- What's difference between MMU and MPU?
- Difference between CD and DVD
- Difference between LAN and WAN
- Difference between Blu-ray and DVD
- Difference between LAN, MAN and WAN
- Difference between LAN and MAN
- Difference between JSP and ASP
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.