Selenium is a tool for testing the software. There is no need of learning a test scripting language because Selenium provides a playback tool for authoring functional tests without learning it.
QTP stands for QuickTest Professional. It is an automated functional testing tool.
Below are some of the differences between Selenium and QTP:-
|Selenium is an Open source tool hence no license required.||License is required.|
|There is a Low resource consumption during test scripts execution.||In QTP there is a High resource consumption.|
|There is a customer support in Selenium that is dedicated HP support.||There is a customer support in QTP that is selenium community forums|
|There is relyment for parameterization on any one of the supported programming language.||For parameterization in QTP, built-in tools are available.|
|Some supported environments in Selenium are Android, iOS, Windows, Linux, Mac, Solaris.||QTP supports only Windows.|
|It supports automation for web based applications||There is a support for test on both web and desktop based applications.|
|For generating the reports of test, selenium rely on external tool.||There is built-in test report generation within the tool QTP.|
|Object Repository is absent in selenium.||There is a build-in object repository in QTP.|
|Recovery Scenario is absent in selenium.||There is a build-in recovery scenario in QTP.|
|Browsers supported by selenium are Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Edge, Opera, Safari, etc.||Browser supported in QTP are specific versions of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer.|
|Selenium is less user friendly.||QTP is user friendly.|
- Difference between Selenium RC and Selenium Webdriver
- Difference between Selenium Remote Webdriver and Selenium Webdriver
- Difference between Cucumber Testing and Selenium Testing
- Difference between Puppeteer and Selenium
- Difference between RPA and Selenium
- Difference between Cheerio and Selenium
- Difference between Selenium Webdriver and Protractor
- Difference between Cypress and Selenium
- Applications and Uses of Selenium WebDriver
- Selenium Basics - Components, Features, Uses and Limitations
- Selenium Python Introduction and Installation
- How to move back and forward in History using Selenium Python ?
- Adding and Deleting Cookies in Selenium Python
- Cloud-based Automation using Selenium in Python and BrowserStack
- Browser Automation Using Selenium
- Selenium Python Tricks
- Python | SMS Bomber using Selenium
- Software Engineering | Selenium: An Automation tool
- Non blocking wait in selenium using Python
- Python | Automating Happy Birthday post on Facebook using Selenium
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.