Difference between Scrum Testing and Waterfall Testing
1. Scrum Testing : Scrum testing is a type of software testing that is the part of agile testing. It is basically a framework used in agile software development process. Scrum testing is used to design the complicated software. It also checks the quality, performance and the usability of the software.
Basically, it focuses on the development and management of the project. It is used to manage, develop and deliver the project on time.
- It helps to deliver the product as per the requirement of the customer.
- It works good for dynamic and fast moving projects.
- It requires experienced staff.
- Fear of not meeting deadlines, as constant changes happens during the process.
2. Waterfall Testing : Waterfall Testing is a type of software testing in which testing is a different phase and there are steps and steps classified and testing is performed only in that order.
It’s working approach is sequential, only after the completion of the one phase or one level next level testing is carried out.
- It is suitable for deadlines.
- It is simple and easy to use method.
- It does not involve customers in the process.
- It is extremely restrictive.
Difference between Scrum Testing and Waterfall Testing :
|This type testing is a part of agile testing.
||In waterfall testing, testing is a separate phase.
|In Scrum testing, development team and testing team work together.
||In waterfall testing, development team and testing team work separately.
|It also checks performance of the software.
||It doesn’t check performance factor.
|This needs co-ordination between development and testing process.
||Development and testing process are separate.
|The works needs to be divided into teams, and then in teams as an individual responsibility.
||Here, work is divided into phases.
|This testing is used in Agile Software Development process.
||This testing is used in traditional software development process.
|Testers are involved in the requirements.
||Testers may or may not be involve in the requirements.
|This tests each module after its development.
||Whole software is tested together.
|It is used commonly.
||Waterfall testing is less used now-a-days in software engineering.
|This is used in complicated software testing.
||Simplicity of Waterfall testing is simple.
|This is more reliable.
||This is less reliable.
|User involvement in Scrum testing is for the whole development process.
||User involvement in Waterfall testing is only in beginning.
|Customer is kept on loop about every step taking place.
||Customer is contacted only on the delivery date.
|In Scrum testing activities starts along side development.
||In Waterfall testing activities start after the development activities are over.
|It works well with difficult projects.
||It works well with smaller projects.
|There is no defined stage.
||There are defined stages to work on any project.
Master Software Testing and Automation in an efficient and time-bound manner by mentors with real-time industry experience. Join our Software Automation Course
and embark on an exciting journey, mastering the skill set with ease!
What We Offer:
- Comprehensive Software Automation program
- Expert Guidance for Efficient Learning
- Hands-on Experience with Real-world Projects
- Proven Track Record with 10,000+ Successful Geeks