1. Rivest-Shamir-Adleman (RSA) algorithm :
RSA stands for Rivest-Shamir-Adleman. It is a cryptosystem used for secure data transmission. In RSA algorithm, encryption key is public but decryption key is private. This algorithm is based on mathematical fact that factoring the product of two large prime numbers is not easy. It was developed by Ron Rivest, Adi Shamir and Leonard Adleman in 1977.
2. Digital Signature Algorithm (DSA) :
DSA stand for Digital Signature Algorithm. It is used for digital signature and its verification. It is based on mathematical concept of modular exponentiation and discrete logarithm. It was developed by National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) in 1991.
It involves four operations:
- Key Generation
- Key Distribution
- Signature Verification
Difference between RSA algorithm and DSA :
|It is a cryptosystem algorithm.||It is digital signature algorithm.|
|It is used for secure data transmission.||It is used for digital signature and its verification.|
|It was developed in 1977.||While it was developed in 1991.|
|It was developed by Ron Rivest, Adi Shamir and Leonard Adleman.||It was developed by National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).|
|It uses mathematical concept of factorization of product of two large primes.||It uses modular exponentiation and discrete logarithm.|
|It is slower in key generation.||While it is faster in key generation as compared to RSA.|
|It in faster than DSA in encryption.||While it is slower in encryption.|
|It is slower in decryption.||While it is faster in decryption.|
|It is best suited for verification and encryption.||It is best suited for signing in and decryption.|
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- Difference Between Algorithm and Flowchart
- Difference between Prim's and Kruskal's algorithm for MST
- Difference between Algorithm, Pseudocode and Program
- Difference between SSTF and LOOK disk scheduling algorithm
- Difference between FCFS and C-LOOK disk scheduling algorithm
- Difference between C-SCAN and SSTF Disk Scheduling Algorithm
- Difference between FCFS and SSTF Disk Scheduling Algorithm
- Difference between First Come First Served (FCFS) and Round Robin (RR) Scheduling Algorithm
- Difference Between Flood-fill and Boundary-fill Algorithm
- Berkeley's Algorithm
- RC4 Encryption Algorithm
- RSA Algorithm in Cryptography
- RC5 Encryption Algorithm
- Cristian's Algorithm
- Back-off Algorithm for CSMA/CD
- How to solve RSA Algorithm Problems?
- ElGamal Encryption Algorithm
- Relabel-to-front Algorithm
- LOOK Disk Scheduling Algorithm
- C-LOOK Disk Scheduling Algorithm
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.