RPA: Business automation technology that helps in automating the respective tasks, which are time consuming and boring. They are capable to automates the processes without human intervention. It automates the processes without human intervention. Software and bots are used to mimic human activities and perform the desired task. Commonly it is used to automate the backend processes.
Below is a table of differences between RPA and Selenium:
|Types of Automation||Robotic Process automation supports Flexible Automation||Selenium supports programmable automation|
|Cost||If we want to build a project in RPA we have to purchase its tools. So RPA is costly compare to selenium||Selenium is completely open-source so it’s free.|
|Dependency||RPA is platform-independent. It can be run on mobile, desktop, web-applications||Selenium is used to test only web applications. o It can’t be run on a desktop or mobile application.|
|Component Used||RPA uses ROBOTS to complete any task||Selenium used WEB-DERIVERS to automate any task|
|Level of Automation||RPA performs all clerical processes like data entry, Banking calculation||Selenium automates only functional, regression and performance testing|
|Will Automate||Web Application testing||Business Proceses|
|Coding-Knowledge||Minimum coding knowledge is required||Fundamental knowledge is required|
|Use-Case||Run on the backend of a process||Can test the current webpage|
- RPA vs API Integration
- Difference between Cucumber Testing and Selenium Testing
- Difference between Selenium and QTP
- Difference between Puppeteer and Selenium
- Difference between Cheerio and Selenium
- Difference and Similarities between PHP and C
- Difference between Stop and Wait protocol and Sliding Window protocol
- Similarities and Difference between Java and C++
- Difference between Yaacomo and and XAP
- Difference between VoIP and and POTS
- Difference between ++*p, *p++ and *++p
- Difference Between DOS and Windows
- Difference between User Level thread and Kernel Level thread
- What’s difference between The Internet and The Web ?
- Difference between Priority Inversion and Priority Inheritance
- What’s difference between Linux and Android ?
- What’s difference between header files "stdio.h" and "stdlib.h" ?
- Difference between HTML and HTTP
- Difference between http:// and https://
- What's difference between MMU and MPU?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.