Relational Online Analytical Processing (ROLAP):
ROLAP is used for large data volumes and in this data is stored in relation tables. In ROLAP, Static multidimensional view of data is created.
Multidimensional Online Analytical Processing (MOLAP):
MOLAP is used for limited data volumes and in this data is stored in multidimensional array. In MOLAP, Dynamic multidimensional view of data is created.
The main difference between ROLAP and MOLAP is that, In ROLAP, Data is fetched from data-warehouse. On the other hand, in MOLAP, Data is fetched from MDDBs database. The common term between these two is OLAP.
Let’s see the difference between ROLAP and MOLAP:
|1.||ROLAP stands for Relational Online Analytical Processing.||While MOLAP stands for Multidimensional Online Analytical Processing.|
|2.||ROLAP is used for large data volumes.||While it is used for limited data volumes.|
|3.||The access of ROLAP is slow.||While the access of MOLAP is fast.|
|4.||In ROLAP, Data is stored in relation tables.||While in MOLAP, Data is stored in multidimensional array.|
|5.||In ROLAP, Data is fetched from data-warehouse.||While in MOLAP, Data is fetched from MDDBs database.|
|6.||In ROLAP, Complicated sql queries are used.||While in MOLAP, Sparse matrix is used.|
|7.||In ROLAP, Static multidimensional view of data is created.||While in MOLAP, Dynamic multidimensional view of data is created.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between ROLAP, MOLAP and HOLAP
- Difference and Similarities between PHP and C
- Difference between Stop and Wait protocol and Sliding Window protocol
- Similarities and Difference between Java and C++
- Difference between Yaacomo and and XAP
- Difference between VoIP and and POTS
- Difference between ++*p, *p++ and *++p
- Difference Between DOS and Windows
- Difference between User Level thread and Kernel Level thread
- What’s difference between The Internet and The Web ?
- Difference between Priority Inversion and Priority Inheritance
- What’s difference between Linux and Android ?
- What’s difference between header files "stdio.h" and "stdlib.h" ?
- Difference between HTML and HTTP
- Difference between http:// and https://
- What's difference between MMU and MPU?
- What's difference between Microcontroller (µC) and Microprocessor (µP)?
- What's the difference between Scripting and Programming Languages?
- What’s difference between “array” and “&array” for “int array” ?
- What's difference between char s and char *s in C?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.