1. Relational Model :
Relational model is a model for the management of the database. It is called so because the data is stored in the form of relations i.e., in the form of tables. Every row consists of related data. These row in the table depict a real-world entity. To work with python and the Relational data model we need a prerequisite knowledge of – SQL and Pandas. Pandas is a library of Python.
2. Document Model :
In the document model, the data is stored in the form of documents. The documents consist of the records which describe the actual and data of the document. A nested document can be used to provide information about subcategories of the data. Document can also be used to represent real-world objects.
Difference between Relational and Document Model :
|Relational Model||Document Model|
|It is row-based.||It is document-based.|
|Not suitable for hierarchical data storage.||Generally used for hierarchical data storage.|
|It consists of a predefined schema.||It consists a dynamic schema.|
|ACID properties are followed by this model. (Atomicity, Consistency, Isolation, and Durability).||CAP theorem are followed by this model. (Consistency, Availability, and Partition tolerance).|
|It is slower .||It is faster than Relational Model.|
|Supports complex joins.||Does Not support for complex joins.|
|It is column-based.||It is field-based.||They are vertically scalable||They are horizontally scalable||East replication support is not provided.||They provide easy replication support|
|It is more used now-a-days to store data in database.||It is comparatively less used.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between E-R Model and Relational Model in DBMS
- Mapping from ER Model to Relational Model
- Difference between Network and Relational data model
- Difference between Hierarchical and Relational data model
- Difference between Shared Memory Model and Message Passing Model in IPC
- Difference between Waterfall model and Incremental model
- Difference between Waterfall Model and Spiral Model
- Difference between Prototype Model and Spiral Model
- Difference between Agile Model and V-Model
- Difference between RAD Model and Waterfall Model
- Difference between V-model and Waterfall model
- Difference between Bottom-Up Model and Top-Down Model
- Anomalies in Relational Model
- Relational Model in DBMS
- Constraints on Relational database model
- Introduction of Relational Model and Codd Rules in DBMS
- Types of Keys in Relational Model (Candidate, Super, Primary, Alternate and Foreign)
- Difference between ER Model and RDBMS
- Difference Between Model Parameters VS HyperParameters
- Difference between Hierarchical and Network Data Model
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : pp_pankaj