1. RDBMS :
RDBMS stands for Relational Database Management Systems. It is most popular database. In it data is store in the form of row that is in the form of tuple. It contain numbers of table and data can be easily access because data is store in the table. This Model was proposed by E.F.
2. IBM Db2 :
IBM Db2 is a family of data management products, including database servers, developed by IBM. It is a Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) which supports object-oriented features and non relational structure with XML. Db2 is designed to store, analyze and retrieve the data efficiently. It was initially released in 1983 and is written in C, C++, Java and Assembly language.
Difference between RDBMS and IBM DB2 :
|RDBMS was developed in 1989 by Microsoft.||IBM DB2 was developed in 1983 by IBM.|
|It is implemented in C++ programming language only.||It is implemented in C and C++ programming language.|
|LINUX and WINDOWS are the server operating system.||AIX, HP-UX, LINUX, SOLARIS, WINDOWS are the server operating system.|
|ADO.NET, JDBC, OLE DB, ODBC, Tabular data scheme are the access methods and API’s.||ADO.NET, JDBC, JSON style queries, ODBC, Xquery are the access methods and API’s.|
|Immediate consistency is achieved.||There is no immediate consistency in this.|
|RDBMS has high rating as compared to IBM DB2.||The rating of IBM DB2 is less than RDBMS.|
|It does not supports FORTRAN and PERL programming language.||It supports FORTRAN and PERL programming language.|
|Replication method is dependent on SQL server edition.||Replication method is not dependent on SQL server edition.|
|Document store and graph DBMS are secondary database model.||Document store and RDF store are secondary database model.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Cassandra and IBM Db2
- Difference between CouchDB and IBM Db2
- Difference between Couchbase and IBM Db2
- Difference between MS SQL Server and IBM DB2
- Difference between PouchDB and IBM Db2
- Difference between MariaDB and IBM Db2
- Difference between MySQL and IBM Db2
- Difference between SQLite and IBM DB2
- Difference between MS SQL Server and IBM Db2
- Difference between MongoDB and IBM Db2
- Difference between IBM DB2 and PostgreSQL
- Difference between IBM DB2 and MS SQL
- Difference between PostgreSQL and IBM DB2
- Difference between IBM DB2 and Maria DB
- Difference between IBM DB2 and MongoDB
- Difference between Elasticsearch and IBM DB2
- Difference between Derby and IBM Db2
- Difference between IBM DB2 and Amazon DynamoDB
- Difference between Neo4j and IBM DB2
- Difference between Redis and IBM Db2
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.