1. RDBMS :
RDBMS stands for Relational Database Management Systems. It is most popular database. In it data is store in the form of row that is in the form of tuple. It contain numbers of table and data can be easily access because data is store in the table. This Model was proposed by E.F.
2. Couchbase :
Couchbase Server is an open-source, distributed multi-model NoSQL document-oriented database software package that is optimized for interactive applications. It is also known as Membase. It was developed by Couchbase, Inc. and initially released on August 2010.
Difference between RDBMS and Couchbase :
|1.||RDBMS is a relational database.||It is a non-relational and document-oriented database.|
|2.||RDBMS is column-based.||Couchbase is field-based.|
|3.||It has a predefined schema.||It has a dynamic schema.|
|4.||It is slower in comparison with Couchbase.||Couchbase is faster than RDBMS.|
|5.||It supports SQL query language only.||It supports JSON query language.|
|7.||RDBMS is not suitable for hierarchical data storage.||Couchbase is suitable for hierarchical data storage.|
|8.||It centers around ACID properties.||It also centers around ACID properties.|
|9.||RDBMS is vertically scalable.||Couchbase is horizontally scalable.|
|10.||It supports complex joins.||It doesn’t support for complex joins.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between RDBMS and DBMS
- Difference between RDBMS and OODBMS
- Difference between RDBMS and MongoDB
- Difference between RDBMS and Hive
- Difference between ER Model and RDBMS
- Difference Between RDBMS and Hadoop
- Difference between RDBMS and IBM DB2
- Difference between PouchDB and Couchbase
- Difference between Cassandra and Couchbase
- Difference between Couchbase and MariaDB
- Difference between Couchbase and MS SQL Server
- Difference between Couchbase and CouchDB
- Difference between Couchbase and MySQL
- Difference between Couchbase and PostgreSQL
- Difference between SQLite and Couchbase
- Difference between Couchbase and IBM Db2
- Difference between Oracle and Couchbase
- Difference between Couchbase and Redis
- Difference between Adabas and Couchbase
- Difference between Neo4j and Couchbase
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.