C# is an object-oriented programming language, is pronounced as C-Sharp. This language was developed to compete with Java, by Microsoft under the leadership of Anders Heijlberg and his team. There are 86 total keywords used in the C# language. In c#, pointers are used only in unsafe mode.
Python is a multi-paradigm programming language such as object-oriented programming and structured programming and many others. It was developed by Guido van Rossum in the late 1980s. There are 33 total keywords used in the python 3.7. It doesn’t support pointers. It is a dynamic-type language whereas C# is a static-type language. It is easy to learn.
Difference between Python and C#
|1.||C# is developed by Microsoft and is available free of cost, even for commercial purpose. The .NET ecosystem is completely open-source & is owned by .NET Foundation which is an independent organization.||Python is also an open-source platform and available free of cost, even for commercial purpose.|
|2.||C# supports object oriented programming, structured programming, functional programming & many others.||While python supports multi-paradigm programming language such as OOPs and structured programming and many others.|
|4.||While primarily a compiled language, C# also supports interactive interpreter development environments using dotnet-interactive. You also also write C# in Jupyter notebooks.||Python supports interactive interpreter for writing programs.|
|5.||C# multi-threading is quite easy due to the use of .NET Framework.||While in python, multi-threading needs many process due to Global interpreter lock.|
|6.||There are 86 total keywords used in the C#.||While a total of 33 keywords are used in python 3.7 .|
|7.||In C#, pointers are used only in unsafe mode.||Here, Python does not support pointers.|
|8.||C# is a static-type language.||While python language is a dynamic-type language.|
|9.||In C#, variable type must be declared before use.||While in python there is no need to declare variable type before use.|
|10.||C# program files are saved by .cs extension.||Whereas python program files are saved by .py extension.|
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Difference between 'and' and '&' in Python
- Python set operations (union, intersection, difference and symmetric difference)
- Difference between Method and Function in Python
- Python | Difference between iterable and iterator
- Difference between List and Array in Python
- Python | Difference between Pandas.copy() and copying through variables
- Difference between List comprehension and Lambda in Python
- Difference between C and Python
- Python | Difference Between List and Tuple
- Difference Between Go and Python Programming Language
- Difference between continue and pass statements in Python
- Difference between input() and raw_input() functions in Python
- Difference between dict.items() and dict.iteritems() in Python
- Python - Difference between sorted() and sort()
- Difference between List and Dictionary in Python
- Python: Difference between Lock and Rlock objects
- Python program to find difference between current time and given time
- Python - Difference between json.dump() and json.dumps()
- Difference Between Python and Bash
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : prkhandelwal