C# is an object-oriented programming language, is pronounced as C-Sharp. This language was developed to compete with Java, by Microsoft under the leadership of Anders Heijlberg and his team. Like python it does not free of cost, it comes with the license. It is a compiled language rather than an interpreted language. There are 86 total keywords used in the C# language. In c#, pointers are used only in unsafe mode.
Python is a multi-paradigm programming language such as object-oriented programming and structured programming and many others. It was developed by Guido van Rossum in the late 1980s. There are 33 total keywords used in the python 3.7. It doesn’t support pointers. It is dynamic-type language whereas C# is static-type language. It is easier than C# in order to learn.
Difference between Python and C#:
|1.||C# is developed by Microsoft and comes with the license.||Whereas python is a open-source platform and available free of cost, even for commercial purpose.|
|2.||C# supports object oriented programming only.||While python supports multi-paradigm programming language such as OOPs and structured programming and many others.|
|4.||C# does not support any interpreter.||While python supports interactive interpreter for writing programs.|
|5.||C# multi-threading is quite easy due to the use of .NET Framework.||While in python, multi-threading needs many process due to Global interpreter lock.|
|6.||There are 86 total keywords used in the C#.||While a total of 33 keywords are used in python 3.7 .|
|7.||In C#, pointers are used only in unsafe mode.||Here, Python does not support pointers.|
|8.||C# is a static-type language.||While python language is a dynamic-type language.|
|9.||In C#, variable type must be declared before use.||While in python there is no need to declare variable type before use.|
|10.||C# program files are saved by .cs extension.||Whereas python program files are saved by .py extension.|
|11.||C# is tough to learn in comparison with python.||While python is easy to learn.|
- Python set operations (union, intersection, difference and symmetric difference)
- Difference Between x = x + y and x += y in Python
- Difference between Python and C++
- Python Set | difference()
- Difference between C and Python
- Difference between 'and' and '&' in Python
- Difference Between '+' and 'append' in Python
- Difference between == and is operator in Python
- Difference between various Implementations of Python
- Difference Between Python and Bash
- Difference between dir() and vars() in Python
- Difference between Python and Java
- Python | Difference between two lists
- Python | Pandas Index.difference()
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.