1. Puppeteer :
It is the node.js library that is used to automate the Chrome. This library is open-source and provides a high-level API to control Chrome. Puppeteer was developed by Google itself and runs the script on Chromium. By default, the Chromium runs headless in Puppeteer but it can be switched to headed Chromium.
2. Selenium :
Difference between Puppeteer and Selenium :
|1.||It was developed by Google.||It was originally developed by Jason Huggins in 2004.|
|2.||It is Node.js library.||It is a web framework for testing web applications.|
|3.||It works only with Chrome or Chromium and does not support other browsers.||Multiple browser support is given by Selenium.|
|4.||It was released in 2017.||It was released in 2004.|
|5.||Puppeteer is faster than Selenium.||Selenium is slower as compared to Puppeteer.|
|7.||No cross platform support is provided.||Cross platform support is provided.|
|8.||It supports only web automation.||Supports web automation and mobile automation both.|
|9.||Screen shot can be taken of both PDFs and Images.||No PDFs screenshot support is provided.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Puppeteer and Beautifulsoup
- Difference between cheerio and puppeteer
- Difference between Cucumber Testing and Selenium Testing
- Difference between Selenium and QTP
- Difference between RPA and Selenium
- Difference between Cheerio and Selenium
- Applications and Uses of Selenium WebDriver
- Selenium Basics - Components, Features, Uses and Limitations
- Selenium Python Introduction and Installation
- How to move back and forward in History using Selenium Python ?
- Adding and Deleting Cookies in Selenium Python
- Cloud-based Automation using Selenium in Python and BrowserStack
- Browser Automation Using Selenium
- Selenium Python Tricks
- Python | SMS Bomber using Selenium
- Software Engineering | Selenium: An Automation tool
- Non blocking wait in selenium using Python
- Python | Automating Happy Birthday post on Facebook using Selenium
- How to access popup login window in selenium using Python
- Find Web Elements using Selenium WebDriver
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.