1. Puppeteer :
Is a tool developed by Google for automating the browser. Puppeteer is very powerful and at the same time, it is very handy to use. Unlike beautifulsoup, It brings the whole browser engine API to work with enabling one to use a lot of advanced features and not just web scraping
2. Beautifulsoup :
Is a library written in python. It proved to be more useful and fast when working with HTML tags and X-paths for web scraping work. It parses the HTML and XML documents.
Difference between Puppeteer and Beautifulsoup :
|1.||It is developed and maintained by Google.||It was created by Leonard Richardson.|
|3.||It brings the whole browser engine API.||It only parses the HTML and XML documents.|
|4.||It is slow as compared to beautifulsoup in terms of execution but it can be negligible.||It is slightly faster as compared to Puppeteer.|
|5.||It is used for browser automation and scraping work.||It is mainly used for scraping data and not for making complex automations.|
|6.||It provides high-level API to control Chrome or Chromium over the DevTools Protocol.||It does not provide high-level API to control Chrome or Chromium over the DevTools Protocol.|
|8.||It is a Nodejs library or module.||It is a python library.|
|9.||It supports only chrome and chromium.||It supports any browser that runs python scripts.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Puppeteer and Selenium
- Difference between cheerio and puppeteer
- Difference and Similarities between PHP and C
- Difference between Stop and Wait protocol and Sliding Window protocol
- Similarities and Difference between Java and C++
- Difference between Yaacomo and and XAP
- Difference between VoIP and and POTS
- Difference between ++*p, *p++ and *++p
- Difference Between DOS and Windows
- Difference between User Level thread and Kernel Level thread
- What’s difference between The Internet and The Web ?
- Difference between Priority Inversion and Priority Inheritance
- What’s difference between Linux and Android ?
- What’s difference between header files "stdio.h" and "stdlib.h" ?
- Difference between HTML and HTTP
- Difference between http:// and https://
- What's difference between MMU and MPU?
- What's difference between Microcontroller (µC) and Microprocessor (µP)?
- What's the difference between Scripting and Programming Languages?
- What’s difference between “array” and “&array” for “int array” ?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.