1. Program :
A computer cannot work on its own. It needs directions to do any work. These directions are called computer instructions. They can be given to a computer using computer devices such as mouse, keyboard, joystick etc. A program is a set of instructions that are given to a computer in any programming language, to perform a specific task.
2. Project :
Various software need to be developed in today’s world. The concept of projects are brought to the software development teams, by an enterprise. The development team then follows various process to make the software. The software project is the step-by-step process involved in making a unique software that has not already been made.
Difference between Program and Project :
|1.||A program is a set of instructions that are given to a computer in any programming language, to perform a specific task.||The software project is the step-by-step process involved in making a unique software that has not already been made.|
|2.||It is made up of instructions.||It contains a set of programs to complete the given software development.|
|3.||It is managed by the program managers.||It are managed by project managers.|
|4.||It exists at a single place and continues to exist until it is deleted.||It stops to exist once the software is developed and is brought out to the market.|
|5.||The core programming team is relatively smaller.||The project team is comparatively larger as it contains the programming team, design team, testing team and maintenance team.|
|6.||It does not have any resource requirement other than memory space for storing the instructions.||It needs memory, time as well as human resources.|
|7.||It has no specific constraints.||It has constraint of cost and quality. This is because the enterprise that requests it has a specific budget and quality needs. It is made according to the needs of the enterprise.|
|8.||It can be completed within a shorter period of time (time frame of up to 3 months).||It can take up longer periods of time (up to 3 years before completion).|
|9.||It is a part of the project in case of software development.||It is the main activity in case of software development.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Program, Project and Product
- Difference between Project and Product
- Difference between Program and Process
- Difference between Program and Product
- Difference between Algorithm, Pseudocode and Program
- Various Teams in Project Organization
- Project Organizations and their Responsibilities
- Version Control in Project
- Software Engineering | Project Planning
- Types of Resources Used in Project Development
- Practices to follow while writing the SRS for a project
- Short note on Project Scheduling
- Project Evaluation and Review Technique (PERT)
- Milestones and Deliverable in Project Planning Activities
- Six Sigma and Lean Model of Project Management
- Process Workflows in Software Project Management
- Life Cycle Phases of Project Management
- Software Engineering | Project Management Process
- Types of Feasibility Study in Software Project Development
- Software Engineering | Project size estimation techniques
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.