1. Process Image :
Process image is an executable file required during the execution of any process. It consists of several segments related to the execution of the process.
Following are the contents of the process image –
1. Process Control Block 2. Stack 3. Data 4. Code
1. Multi Thread Process Image :
Multi thread process image is an executable file required during the execution of any thread. It consists of several segments related to the execution of the thread.
Following are the contents of the multi thread process image –
1. Process Control Block 2. Thread Control Block 3. Stack 4. Data 5. Code
Difference between Process Image and Multi Thread Process image :
|PROCESS IMAGE||MULTI THREAD PROCESS IMAGE|
|It is an executable file required during the execution of a process.||It is an executable file required during the execution of a thread.|
|It consists of total four segments.||It consists of 2 segments for each thread and 3 common segments.|
|Creation of process image takes more time.||Creation of single thread image takes less time.|
|Switching between two process images takes more time.||Switching between two thread images takes less time.|
|Different process share different memory and different images.||Common address space in multi thread process image is shared by all threads.|
|It used user address space.||It uses common address space.|
|Communication between process images is difficult.||Communication between two thread images is simple.|
|Single control block is used in process image.||One control block is used for parent process and one each for threads.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Process and Thread
- Difference between Process and Kernel Thread
- Difference between Process and User Level Thread
- Multi Threading Models in Process Management
- Difference between Thread Context Switch and Process Context Switch
- Process states and Transitions in a UNIX Process
- Pass the value from child process to parent process
- Process Table and Process Control Block (PCB)
- Process Scheduler : Job and Process Status
- Process-based and Thread-based Multitasking
- Difference between Product and Process
- Difference between Program and Process
- Difference between Docker Image and Container
- Difference between Image Sampling and Quantization
- Difference between Image Processing and Computer Vision
- Difference between Opening and Closing in Digital Image Processing
- Difference between Multi-tasking and Multi-threading
- Difference between Thread.start() and Thread.run() in Java
- Difference between Software Engineering process and Conventional Engineering Processs
- Difference between User Level thread and Kernel Level thread
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.