Difference between PHP and ASP.NET
1. PHP : Hypertext Preprocessor (PHP) is a server side coding/programming language and its first release was on November, 1997. It is created by Rasmus Lerdorf. It supports small to medium size web solutions. This PHP can be embedded into Hyper Text Markup Language (HTML). It is suitable for
- Independent Software Vendors (ISVs)
- Small or medium business websites
- Billing/Invoicing websites
- Startups, CRMs etc.
Advantages of PHP :
- It is suitable for huge projects.
- Easy communication with different databases.
- It is highly customizable.
- It is secure and protects websites from security attacks.
- It can be learned easily.
Disadvantages of PHP :
- It is not suitable for the development of desktop applications.
- There is a lack of opportunity to modify core behavior.
- Too much customization gives rise to bugs.
2. ASP.NET : ASP.NET is a web application framework and its first release was on January, 2002. It is created by Microsoft. It supports large to medium size enterprise applications. It is suitable for
- Enterprise level websites
- Enterprise level CRMs
- ERP Apps
- Console applications
Advantages of ASP.NET :
- It is highly scalable also before compilation notifies error.
- It is suitable for enterprise or windows application development.
- Provides best UI for developers.
- It includes built-in caching features.
- It is supported by all programming languages.
Disadvantages of ASP.NET :
- Little difficult to learn.
- It is comparatively costly.
- It is based on closed source technology.
- It has low community so less community support.
Difference between PHP and ASP.NET :
|01.||PHP is a server side coding/programming language.||ASP.NET is a web application framework.|
|02.||First release was on November, 1997.||First release was on January, 2002.|
|03.||Its base language is C language.||Its base language is Visual basic syntax language.|
|04.||It is supported by Community and Zend technology.||It is supported by Microsoft.|
|05.||It is interpreted code.||It is compiled code.|
|06.||PHP is focused on UI and client side.||ASP.NET is focused on functionality and security.|
|07.||It allows customization.||It is less prone to customization.|
|08.||It works in accordance with HTML.||It is highly flexible with OOPS concept.|
|09.||Bug fixing is extremely easier in PHP.||Bug fixing is little tough.|
|10.||In PHP, the job opportunities are very high.||In ASP.NET the job opportunities are less as compared to PHP.|
|11.||Freely available all over the web.||License cost attached.|
|12.||It provides decent speed and fast enough for desktop application.||It is not suitable and slower for desktop application.|
|13.||It is not that much secure as ASP.Net||It is highly secure in terms of security.|
|14.||It is open source so it has large community.||It also has a great community support but less than PHP.|
|15.||It has support for small to medium organizations.||It has support for medium to large enterprises.|
My Personal Notes arrow_drop_up
Please Login to comment...