Pulse Code Modulation (PCM):
PCM is the technique used for remodeling analog signal into digital signal. Pulse Code Modulation has good signal to noise ration. For transmission channel, Pulse Code Modulation needs high bandwidth than DPCM.
The PCM method is split into 3 components, initial is that the transmission at the supply finish, second regeneration at the transmission path and also the receiving finish.
These steps are given below through figure:
Differential Pulse Code Modulation (DPCM):
DPCM is same as the PCM technique used for remodeling analog signal into digital signal. DPCM has moderate signal to noise ratio.
DPCM differs from PCM as a result of it quantizes the distinction of the particular sample and expected price. that’s the explanation it’s referred to as as differential PCM.
The operations at DPCM transmitter and DPCM receiver are given below through figure:
Let’s see that the difference between PCM and DPCM, which are given below:
|1.||PCM stands for Pulse Code Modulation.||While DPCM stands for Differential Pulse Code Modulation.|
|2.||In PCM, feedback is not provided.||While in DPCM, feedback is provided.|
|3.||It has good signal to noise ration.||While it has moderate signal o noise ratio.|
|4.||It is less efficient than DPCM.||While it is more efficient than PCM.|
|5.||For transmission channel, PCM needs high bandwidth(B).||Whereas DPCM needs less bandwidth(B) than PCM.|
|6.||PCM is complex than DPCM in terms of complexity.||While DPCM is simple in terms of complexity.|
|7.||In PCM, seven bits are transmitted per eight sample.||In DPCM, four bits are transmitted per six sample.|
|8.||In PCM, for transmitting bits rate varies from fifty five to sixty four.||While in DPCM, for transmitting bits rate varies from thirty two to forty eight.|
- Difference between Delta Modulation (DM) and Differential Pulse Code Modulation (DPCM)
- What is the difference between GUI and CUI?
- Difference between Tor and VPN
- Difference between PNG and GIF
- Difference between CRT and LCD
- Difference between LAN and MAN
- Difference Between SEO and SEM
- Difference between OOP and POP
- Difference between LAN and WAN
- What's difference between MMU and MPU?
- Difference between CPU and GPU
- Difference between CD and DVD
- Difference between LED and LCD
- Difference between C and C#
- Difference between MP4 and MP3
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.