OpenSUSE is a Linux distribution developed by the openSUSE Project. It was initially released on October 6, 2005. It was developed for creating usable open-source tools for software developers and system administrators and it also provides a user-friendly environment and feature-rich server environment.
Kali Linux is a Linux based open source Operating System which is freely available for use. It belongs to the Debian family of Linux. It was developed by “Offensive Security”. It was first released in March 2013 with the aim to be the replacement of the BackTrackOS. Kali comes packed with 100+ of penetration testing, security research, digital forensics, reverse engineering, and ethical hacking tools.
|1.||OpenSUSE is developed by The openSUSE Project.||Kali Linux is developed by Offensive Security.|
|2.||It’s Default Desktop Environment is Plasma, GNOME, Xfce, LXQT.||It’s Default Desktop Environment is GNOME and Xfce.|
|3.||It is based on SUSE Linux Professional.||It is a Debian based Linux.|
|4.||Its package manager is the RPM Package Manager.||Its package manager is APT Package Manager.|
|5.||Good for Normal and day to day users.||Good for Ethical Hackers and Penetration Testers.|
|6.||It comes with native KVM virtualization support.||It supports KVM and Xen virtualization.|
|7.||It’s Official Supported Architectures are amd64, ppc64, arm64.||It’s Official Supported Architecture is amd64.|
- Difference between OpenSUSE and Linux Mint
- Difference Between Arch Linux and Kali Linux
- Difference between OpenSUSE and CentOS
- Difference between OpenSUSE and Ubuntu
- Difference between OpenSUSE and Fedora
- Difference Between Ubuntu and Kali Linux
- Difference between Kali Linux and Parrot OS
- Difference Between Fedora and Kali Linux
- Kali Linux - Terminal and Shell
- Kali Linux - Password Cracking Tool
- How to Install Lazy Script in Kali Linux?
- Kali Linux Tools
- What is Vulnerability Scanning in Kali Linux?
- Introduction to Kali Linux
- How to Change the Mac Address in Kali Linux Using Macchanger?
- How to Hack WPA/WPA2 WiFi Using Kali Linux?
- Kali Linux - File Management
- Kali Linux - Default Passwords
- Kali Linux - Crunch Utility
- How to Create Reverse Shells with Netcat in Kali Linux?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.