Control System is a system in which the behavior of the system is determined by a differential equation. It manages the devices and the systems using control loops. There are Open-Loop Control System and Closed-Loop Control System.
Open-Loop Control System is used in applications in which no feedback and error handling are required. It is simple and economical but optimization is not possible. Maintenance of OPCS is easier.
Closed-Loop Control System is used in applications where feedback and error handling are required. It is a complex system and not economical but optimization is possible. Maintenance of CLCS is difficult.
The following table differentiates Open-Loop Control System and Closed-Loop Control System:
|S.No.||Open-Loop Control System||Closed-Loop Control System|
|1.||It easier to build.||It is difficult to build.|
|2.||It can perform better if the caliberation is properly done.||It can perform better because of the feedback.||3.||It is more stable.||It is comparatively less stable.||4.||Optimization for desired output can not be performed.||Optimization can be done very easiy.||5.||It does not consists of feedback mechanism.||Feedback mechanism is present.||6.||It requires less maintenance.||Maintenance is difficult.||7.||It is less reliable.||It is more reliable.||8.||It is comparatively slower.||It is faster.||9.||It can be easily installed and is economical.||Complicated installation is required and is expensive.|
- Difference between Flow Control and Congestion Control
- Difference between Numerical Control (NC) and Computer Numerical Control (CNC)
- Difference between Flow Control and Error Control
- Difference Between High-level Data Link Control (HDLC) and Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP)
- Difference between Feedback and Feed Forward control systems
- Difference between Control Plane and Data Plane
- Difference between Management Information System (MIS) and Decision Support System (DSS)
- Difference between Local File System (LFS) and Distributed File System (DFS)
- Difference between Batch Processing System and Online Processing System
- Differences between Quality Assurance and Quality Control
- Difference between FAT32, exFAT, and NTFS File System
- Difference between Traditional and Reactive Computer System
- Difference Between Digital And Analog System
- Difference between System Unit and CPU
- Difference between Unit Testing and System Testing
- Difference between System Software and Application Software
- Difference between Loosely Coupled and Tightly Coupled Multiprocessor System
- Difference between Operating System and Kernel
- Difference between Application Software and Operating System
- Difference between Database System and Data Warehouse
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.