In today’s world each producing industries needs high accuracy product in less time. And this complexness of high accuracy in minimum time may be achieved by use of Numerical Control (NC) and CNC(Computer Numerical Control) machine. Most folks don’t recognize the fundamental distinction between these machines. Here we’ll discuss regarding the fundamental variations among them.
Numerical Control (NC):
It is a technique of mechanically operational a producing machine supported a code letters, numbers and special characters. It offers less accuracy and fewer computing power than Computer Numerical Control and also take more time to execute a job.
Computer Numerical Control (CNC):
It generated by merging the computer with the Numerical control. The numerical data or information needed to provide a section or part is provided to a machine within the kind of program referred to as, part program or Computer Numerical Control.
Difference between Numerical Control (NC) and Computer Numerical Control (CNC):
|1.||NC stands for Numerical Control||And CNC stands for Computer Numerical Control.|
|2.||Punch tapes and punch cards are used for input.||Keyboards are used for input.|
|3.||Here, Alteration in operation parameters are not possible.||While here, Alteration in operation parameters can be possible.|
|4.||Here, Memory does not exist for storing instructions.||Here, Memory exists to store instructions.|
|5.||CN is less expensive.||CNC is highly expensive.|
|6.||Maintenance cost is less.||Maintenance cost is high.|
|7.||Highly skilled operators are required.||Less skilled operators are required.|
|8.||CN is less flexible.||CNC is more flexible than CN.|
|9.||The accuracy is less as compared with the CNC.||It has high accuracy.|
|10.||It takes more time in the execution of the job.||It takes less time in the execution of the job.|
|11.||It is uphill to run it unceasingly.||It may be run unceasingly for twenty-four hours of each day.|
- Difference between ++*p, *p++ and *++p
- Difference between User Level thread and Kernel Level thread
- What’s difference between The Internet and The Web ?
- Difference between Priority Inversion and Priority Inheritance
- What’s difference between Linux and Android ?
- What’s difference between header files "stdio.h" and "stdlib.h" ?
- Difference between HTML and HTTP
- Difference between http:// and https://
- What's difference between MMU and MPU?
- What's difference between Microcontroller (µC) and Microprocessor (µP)?
- What's the difference between Scripting and Programming Languages?
- What’s difference between “array” and “&array” for “int array” ?
- What's difference between char s and char *s in C?
- Difference between Ping and Traceroute
- What’s difference between 1's Complement and 2's Complement?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.