Niche Marketing: Niche marketing is defined as a marketing strategy that is proposed to catch moderately numbered buyers in the market. This type of marketing includes the strategy to target a specified market which means that the marketer is aware of the group on which he has to target for its product. The word niche can be defined as a special area of demand for a product or a service. For example, Wholefoods is a food store the specifically targets organic food customers. So it is cleared that they want to target the customers who want organic food. A specific part of consumers is targeted in this type.
Mass Marketing: Mass marketing is defined as a marketing strategy in which were the company tries to capture a large audience for its services. They don’t restrict themselves while marketing the product and focuses on capturing the whole customer base. the main objective behind this type of marketing is to find the supreme number of potential customers for their needs. For example, Coca-Cola is a brand that supports mass marketing, the goal of marketing is to capture a large number of users. All the consumers are targeted for this marketing irrespective of the marketing factors.
Below is a table of differences between Niche Marketing and Mass Marketing:
|Based on||Niche Marketing||Mass Marketing|
|Defination||A marketing strategy that targets a specific market.||A marketing strategy that targets whole market.|
|Objective||Develop the value proportion||Increase the value share with customers|
|Consumer Type||Homogeneous Buyers, who are intended to buy the products for a long time||Heterogeneous Buyers, who keeps on changing.|
|Marketing Type||Intensive marketing by Internet and magazines||Extensive marketing by Television media|
|Advertising by||They use easy medium such as attractive websites, informative and relevant content and through emails||They use heavy medium by spending a huge amount such as TV and media advertising.|
|Product variety||There is usually a single product with a specific group.||There is a group of different products which groups in society|
|Competition||It is relatively low as company has a value for its product||High because there are several other competitors|
- Difference Between Social Media Marketing and Digital Marketing
- Difference Between Traditional Marketing and Digital Marketing
- Different Types of Digital Marketing
- Viral Marketing is not What we Thought
- How location-based marketing influence the Audience?
- Cybersecurity Challenges In Digital Marketing - Take These Steps To Overcome
- Should I join a mass recruiter or a startup?
- What is the future of those students who are getting selected in mass recruiting companies
- Difference between H.323 and SIP
- Difference between PCI and PCI-X
- Difference between CLI and GUI
- Difference between RPC and RMI
- Difference between ZIP and RAR
- Difference between PIP and PCP
- Difference between LAN, MAN and WAN
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.