Network Security is the measures taken by any enterprise or organisation to secure its computer network and data using both hardware and software systems. This aims at securing the confidentiality and accessibility of the data and network. Every company or organisation that handles large amount of data, has a degree of solutions against many cyber threats.
Cyber Security is the measures to protect our system from cyber attacks and malicious attacks. It is basically to advance our security of the system so that we can prevent unauthorized access of our system from attacker. It protects the cyberspace from attacks and damages. Cyberspace can be hampered by inherent vulnerabilities that cannot be removed sometimes.
Difference between Network Security and Cyber Security:
|Network Security||Cyber Security|
|It protects the data flowing over the network.||It protects the data residing in the devices and servers.|
|It is a subset of cyber security.||It is a subset of information security.|
|It protects anything in the network realm.||It protects anything in the cyber realm.|
|It deals with the protection from DOS attacks.||It deals with the protection from cyber attacks.|
|Network Security strikes against trojans.||Cyber Security strikes against cyber crimes and cyber frauds.|
|It includes viruses and worms.||It includes phishing and pre-texting.|
|Network security ensures to protect the transit data only.||Cyber security ensures to protect entire digital data.|
|It secures the data travelling across the network by terminals.||It deals with the protection of the data resting.|
GeeksforGeeks has prepared a complete interview preparation course with premium videos, theory, practice problems, TA support and many more features. Please refer Placement 100 for details
- Difference between Cyber Security and Information Security
- Difference between Information Security and Network Security
- Cyber System Security
- Cyber Security in Context to Organisations
- Information Security and Cyber Laws
- Requirements and Responsibilities For Cyber Security Entry-Level Jobs
- Network Security
- A Model for Network Security
- Cryptography and Network Security Principles
- Port Security in Computer Network
- Protection Methods for Network Security
- Voice Biometric Technique in Network Security
- Principal of Information System Security : Security System Development Life Cycle
- Difference Between Security and Protection
- Difference between Antivirus and Internet Security
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.