1. Neo4j :
It is most famous graph database management system and it is also a NoSQL database system which is developed by Neo4j, Inc. It is different from Mysql or MongoDB as it has its features that makes it special compared to other Database Management System. Neo4j also stores and present data in form of graph not in tabular format or not in a Jason format. In this whole data is represented by nodes and there you can create a relationship between nodes which means whole database collection will look like a graph, which makes Neo4j unique from other database management system.
2. MS SQL Server :
It is relational database management system (RDBMS) developed by Microsoft Corporation and initially released on April 24, 1989. It is written in C and C++ languages. It is platform-dependent and it is both GUI and command based software. It supports a variety of transaction processing, analytics applications, and business intelligence in corporate environments.
Difference between Neo4j and MS SQL Server :
|S.No.||Neo4j||MS SQL Server|
|1.||It was developed by Neo4j, Inc.||It was developed by Microsoft Corporation.|
|2.||It was initially released in 2007.||It was initially released on April 24, 1989.|
|3.||It is written using Java and Scala language.||It is written in C++ language.|
|4.||Neo4j server operating systems are Linux, OS X, Solaris, and Windows.||For MS SQL Server, Server operating systems are Linux and Windows.|
|5.||Its License is open source.||Its License is commercial.|
|6.||Neo4j APIs and other access methods includes Bolt protocol, Cypher query language, Java API, Neo4j-OGM, RESTful HTTP, API, Spring Data Neo4j, TinkerPop 3.||APIs and other access methods include ADO.NET, JDBC, ODBC, OLE DB, Tabular Data Stream (TDS).|
|7.||It does not support SQL.||It provides support to SQL.|
|8.||Its primary database model is is Graph DBMS.||Its primary database model is Relational DBMS.|
|10.||It does not supports Partitioning methods.||In MS SQL Server tables can be distributed across several files (horizontal partitioning) and sharding is done through federation.|
|11.||Neo4j is uesd by famous companies like medium.com., Stack, Fiverr, Fundamentei, Trendyol Group, double slash, ingsmen Software, GAPO, etc.||Famous companies like Bank of America, UPS, etc uses MS SQL Server.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Structured Query Language (SQL) and Transact-SQL (T-SQL)
- Difference between Teradata and Neo4j
- Difference between Neo4j and IBM DB2
- Difference between Neo4j and CouchDB
- Difference between Neo4j and MariaDB
- Difference between Neo4j and Redis
- Difference between Neo4j and Couchbase
- Difference between Neo4j and Cassandra
- Difference between Neo4j and MySQL
- Difference between Neo4j and PostgreSQL
- Difference between Neo4j and MongoDB
- Difference between Neo4j and SQLite
- Difference between PouchDB and Neo4j
- Difference Between Web server and Application server
- Difference between Apache Tomcat server and Apache web server
- Difference between MySQL and MS SQL Server
- Difference between MariaDB and MS SQL Server
- Difference between MS SQL Server and MongoDB
- Difference between MS SQL Server and Cassandra
- Difference between Couchbase and MS SQL Server
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.