1. Neo4j :
It is most famous graph database management system and it is also a NoSQLdatabase system which is developed by Neo4j, Inc. It is different from Mysql or MongoDB as it has its features that makes it special compared to other Database Management System. Neo4j also stores and present data in form of graph not in tabular format or not in a Jason format. In this, whole data is represented by nodes and there you can create a relationship between nodes which means whole database collection will look like a graph, which makes Neo4j unique from other database management system.
2. Cassandra :
It is distributed database management system that is open-source with a wide column store, NoSQL database which is designed to handle and support large amounts of data across many servers. It provides us with high availability with no single point of failure. It was initially released on July 2008 and was developed by Apache Software Foundation.
Difference between Neo4j and Cassandra :
|1.||It was developed by Neo4j, Inc.||It was developed by Apache Software Foundation.|
|2.||It was initially released in 2007.||It was initially released on July 2008.|
|3.||It is written using Java and Scala language.||It iswritten only in Java language.|
|4.||Neo4j server operating systems are Linux, OS X, Solaris, and Windows.||Its server operating systems are BSD, Linux, OS X, Windows.|
|5.||It has foreign keys.||It does not have foreign keys.|
|6.||Neo4j APIs and other access methods includes Bolt protocol, Cypher query language, Java API, Neo4j-OGM, RESTful HTTP, API, Spring Data Neo4j, TinkerPop 3.||APIs and other access methods include Proprietary protocol and Thrift.|
|7.||It is data schema free and schema optional.||It is data schema free.|
|8.||It does not support SQL.||It provides support to SQL-like SELECT, DML and DDL statements (CQL).|
|9.||Its primary database model is is Graph DBMS.||Its primary database model is Wide column store.|
|11.||It does not supports Partitioning methods.||It supports Sharding Partitioning methods.|
|12.||Neo4j is uesd by famous companies like medium.com., Stack, Fiverr, Fundamentei, Trendyol Group, double slash, ingsmen Software, GAPO, etc.||Famous companies like Instagram, Reddit, The Weather Channel, GitHub, etc uses Cassandra.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Teradata and Neo4j
- Difference between Neo4j and IBM DB2
- Difference between Neo4j and CouchDB
- Difference between Neo4j and MariaDB
- Difference between Neo4j and Redis
- Difference between Neo4j and Couchbase
- Difference between Neo4j and MySQL
- Difference between Neo4j and MS SQL Server
- Difference between Neo4j and PostgreSQL
- Difference between Neo4j and MongoDB
- Difference between Neo4j and SQLite
- Difference between PouchDB and Neo4j
- Difference between SQLite and Cassandra
- Difference between Cassandra and CouchDB
- Difference Between Hadoop and Cassandra
- Difference between Cassandra and MySQL
- Difference between Cassandra and MongoDB
- Difference between Cassandra and MariaDB
- Difference between MS SQL Server and Cassandra
- Difference between Cassandra and Couchbase
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.