1. MySQL :
MySQL is an open-source relational database management system (RDBMS) based on Structured Query Language (SQL). It is developed and managed by oracle corporation and initially released on 23 May, 1995. It is widely being used in many small and large scale industrial applications and capable of handling a large volume of data.
2. IBM Db2 :
IBM Db2 is a family of data management products, including database servers, developed by IBM. It is a Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) which supports object-oriented features and non-relational structure with XML. Db2 is designed to store, analyze and retrieve the data efficiently. It was initially released in 1983 and is written in C, C++, Java and Assembly language.
Difference between MySQL and IBM Db2 :
|1.||It was developed by Oracle.||It was developed by IBM.|
|2.||It was released in May 1995.||It was released in 1983.|
|3.||The primary database model for MySQL is Relational DBMS.||The primary database model for Db2 is also Relational DBMS.|
|4.||Server operating systems for MySQL are FreeBSD, Linux, OS X, Solaris and Windows.||Server operating systems for Db2 are AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, Windows and z/OS.|
|5.||It has the concept of Referential Integrity and Foreign keys.||It also has the concept of Referential Integrity and Foreign keys.|
|6.||It is written in C and C++ languages.||It is written in C, C++, Assembly language, Java languages.|
|7.||Some companies like Airbnb, Pinterest, Slack, Udemy, Twitter, etc use MySQL.||Some companies like JPMorgan Chase, Bank of America, Scotiabank, Citi, etc use Db2.|
|8.||It has fixed data schema.||It also has fixed data schema.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Cassandra and IBM Db2
- Difference between CouchDB and IBM Db2
- Difference between Couchbase and IBM Db2
- Difference between MS SQL Server and IBM DB2
- Difference between PouchDB and IBM Db2
- Difference between MariaDB and IBM Db2
- Difference between SQLite and IBM DB2
- Difference between MS SQL Server and IBM Db2
- Difference between MongoDB and IBM Db2
- Difference between IBM DB2 and PostgreSQL
- Difference between IBM DB2 and MS SQL
- Difference between PostgreSQL and IBM DB2
- Difference between IBM DB2 and Maria DB
- Difference between IBM DB2 and MongoDB
- Difference between Elasticsearch and IBM DB2
- Difference between Derby and IBM Db2
- Difference between IBM DB2 and Amazon DynamoDB
- Difference between Neo4j and IBM DB2
- Difference between RDBMS and IBM DB2
- Difference between Redis and IBM Db2
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.