1. Multiplexer :
Multiplexer is a data selector which takes several inputs and gives a single output.In multiplexer we have 2n input lines and 1 output lines where n is the number of selection lines.
2. Demultiplexer :
Demultiplexer is a data distributor which takes a single input and gives several outputs.In demultiplexer we have 1 input and 2n output lines where n is the selection line.
Difference between of Multiplexer and Demultiplexer :
|Multiplexer processes the digital information from various sources into a single source.||Demultiplexer receives digital information from a single source and converts it into several sources|
|It is known as Data Selector||It is known as Data Distributor|
|Multiplexer is a digital switch||Demultiplexer is a digital circuit|
|It follows combinational logic type||It also follows combinational logic type|
|It has n data input||It has single data input|
|It has a single data output||It has n data outputs|
|It works on many to one operational principle||It works on one to many operational principle|
|In time division Multiplexing, multiplexer is used at the transmitter end||In time division Multiplexing, demultiplexer is used at the receiver end|
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- Difference between Decoder and Demultiplexer
- Difference between Multiplexer and Decoder
- Implementation of SOP function using multiplexer
- Solving multiplexer circuit
- Difference between DAS and NAS
- Difference between DFD and ERD
- Difference between TCP and RTP
- Difference between H.323 and SIP
- What is the difference between GUI and CUI?
- Difference between T-SQL and PL-SQL
- Difference between HLP and PCP
- Difference between MP4 and MP3
- Difference between RAM and ROM
- Difference between PCI-E and PCI-X
- Difference between PCI and PCI-X
- Difference Between GIT and SVN
- Difference between SSH and SSL
- Difference between PIP and PCP
- Difference between Tor and VPN
- Difference between PIP and HLP
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.