Both Modem and Router square measure the networking devices, wherever a electronic equipment connects your laptop or your network to the Internet Service Provider for accessing the web.
A Router is supposed for connecting totally different networks along. The essential distinction between electronic equipment and router is that electronic equipment necessary for connecting your electronic network to the web whereas, a router is crucial to direct the trail to the traffic of information packets on the network.
Difference between Modem and Router :
|1.||Modem may be a device that contains a combination of a symptom modulator and a symptom rectifier.||While router may be a device that connects multiple networks along.|
|2.||A electronic equipment converts digital signal of your laptop to the analog signal and its vice-versa is also true.||While router examines an information packet and verify it’s path to succeed in the destination PC.|
|3.||Modem brings within the requested info from the net to your network.||While router distributes that requested data to your PC.|
|4.||Modem is crucial to access the net because it connects your laptop to ISP.||While in which you can access the net while not employing a router.|
|5.||It is implemented with data link layer.||While it is implemented with network layer.|
|6.||In modem, information packet is not examined; thus, security threat is often there.||While in router, information packet is always examined before forwarding it, to work out the threat.|
|7.||It is placed straight to the computer or it is also placed between a telephone line and a router.||While a router is placed between a electronic equipment and a network.|
|8.||Modem performs signal decoding by decode the ISP signal.||While a router does not perform signal decoding.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between ADSL and Cable Modem
- Difference between Internal and External Modem
- Hot Standby Router Protocol (HSRP) and Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP)
- Difference between Router and Switch
- Difference between Bridge and Router
- Difference between Router and Layer-3 Switch
- Difference between Router and Firewall
- Difference between Router and Gateway
- Difference between Router and Hub
- Introduction of Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP) and its configuration
- Open shortest path first (OSPF) router roles and configuration
- Network Devices (Hub, Repeater, Bridge, Switch, Router, Gateways and Brouter)
- Hot Standby Router Protocol (HSRP)
- Configuration of Router on a stick
- Backing up Cisco IOS Router image
- Cisco Router modes
- Cisco Router basic commands
- Introduction of a Router
- How to connect one router to another to expand the network?
- Difference between Stop and Wait, GoBackN and Selective Repeat
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : ashushrma378