1. Skype :
Skype is a telecommunication application that provides video calls and voice calls between mobile phones. computers and other devices. It requires internet facility for providing any of its services. It is also used for messaging that can contain text, image, audio or video. It allows to connect several people at a time in video conferencing calls. It was launched by Skype Technologies in 2003. It is currently owned by Microsoft Incorporation. It is one of the most used applications for video chatting.
2. Microsoft Teams :
Microsoft Teams is a unified communication and collaboration platform that combines persistent workplace chat, video meetings, file storage (including collaboration on files), and application integration.
Difference between Skype and Microsoft Teams :
|It is owned by Microsoft Incorporation.||It is also owned by Microsoft Corporation.|
|It was launched on August, 2003.||It was launched in 2017.|
|In Skype you can share your friend’s contact to your friends.||Microsoft Teams does not allow to share contacts.|
|Skype shows when a person was last active.||Microsoft Teams does not show when a person was last active.|
|In Skype you can see a small thumbnail of an image before opening it.||There is no such option in Microsoft Teams.|
|Skype allows to capture photos within the app.||Microsoft Teams does not allows to capture photos within the app.|
|Skype does not allows to personalize the appearance of the app like choosing a different theme or colors.||Microsoft Teams allows to personalize the appearance of the app like choosing a different theme or colors.|
|In skype you cannot receive messages when offline.||In Microsoft Teams you can receive messages when offline.|
|Skype supports 108 languages.||Microsoft Teams supports only 26 languages.|
|In Skype you cannot export app data to an email address, so you have a backup and can forward it to another person if needed.||In Microsoft Teams you can export app data to an email address, so you have a backup and can forward it to another person if needed.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Google Voice and Skype
- Difference between Google Hangouts and Skype
- Difference between Skype and Facebook Messenger
- Difference between Microsoft Teams and Cisco Webex
- Difference between Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access
- Difference between Microsoft OneDrive and Google Drive
- Difference between InfluxDB and Microsoft Access
- Difference between Microsoft Access and dBASE
- Difference between Google and Microsoft
- Difference and Similarities between PHP and C
- Difference between Stop and Wait, GoBackN and Selective Repeat
- Difference between Stop and Wait protocol and Sliding Window protocol
- Similarities and Difference between Java and C++
- Difference between Yaacomo and and XAP
- Difference between VoIP and and POTS
- Most asked Computer Science Subjects Interview Questions in Amazon, Microsoft, Flipkart
- Difference between ++*p, *p++ and *++p
- Difference Between DOS and Windows
- Difference between User Level thread and Kernel Level thread
- What’s difference between The Internet and The Web ?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.