Prerequisite – Types of Network Topology
1. Mesh Topology :
Mesh topology is a type of network topology in which each computer is connected to every other computer in the network.It is the most fault tolerant network topology as it has multiple connections.In mesh topology each computer is connected to the other computer by a point to point link.If there are n components then each component is connected to n-1 other components i.e a mesh topology with n components will have n(n-1)/2. Mesh topology can be of two types namely full mesh topology and partially mesh topology.Mesh topology is one of the most robust and reliable topologies.
2. Bus Topology :
Bus topology is a type of network topology in which all the devices are connected to a single cable which is called as the backbone of the network.It consists of a terminator at each end of the cable.The network cable is responsible for the communication between the devices and when the data reaches the end of the cable it is removed by the terminator from the data line.It is the easiest network topology when the devices are to be connected in a linear fashion.
Differences between Mesh Topology and Bus Topology:
|S.NO.||Mesh Topology||Bus Topology|
|1.||Mesh topology is a topology where each device is connected to every other device in the network.||Bus topology is a topology where each device is connected to a single cable which is known as the backbone.|
|2.||In Mesh topology failure of one device will not cause the break in transfer of data.||In Bus topology the failure of the network cable will cause the whole network to fail .|
|3.||Mesh topology can manage high amount of traffic in the network as multiple devices can transmit data.||Bus topology can not effectively manage high amount of traffic as if there is high traffic then performance of the network is affected.|
|4.||Mesh topology is more costly than bus topology.||Bus topology is less costly as compared to mesh topology.|
|5.||Mesh topology is more complex to understand as compared to bus topology.||Bus topology is relatively easier to understand.|
|6.||Mesh topology transmits data faster than bus topology.||In Bus topology the data is transmitted slower as compared to mesh topology.|
|7.||Mesh topology provides more security than bus topology.||Bus topology provides less security as compared to mesh topology.|
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- Difference between Mesh Topology and Tree Topology
- Difference between Ring Topology and Mesh Topology
- Difference between Star and Mesh Topology
- Difference between Ring Topology and Bus Topology in Computer Networks
- Difference between Star Topology and Tree Topology
- Difference between Ring Topology and Tree Topology
- Difference between Star topology and Bus topology
- Difference between Tree Topology and Bus Topology
- Difference between Physical and Logical Topology
- Difference between Star and Ring Topology
- Types of Network Topology
- Difference between MP4 and MP3
- Web 1.0, Web 2.0 and Web 3.0 with their difference
- Difference Between GIT and SVN
- Difference between JSP and ASP
- Difference between SDN and NFV
- Difference Between Gi-Fi and Li-Fi
- Difference between C and C#
- Difference between LAN and MAN
- Difference between DFA and NFA
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : ashushrma378