1. MariaDB :
MariaDB is an open-source relational database management system (RDBMS) that is a compatible drop-in replacement for the widely used MySQL database technology. It is developed by MariaDB Foundation and initially released on 29 October 2009. MariaDB has a significantly high number of new features, which makes it better in terms of performance and user-orientation than MySQL.
2. IBM Db2 :
IBM Db2 is a family of data management products, including database servers, developed by IBM. It is a Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) which supports object-oriented features and non-relational structure with XML. Db2 is designed to store, analyze and retrieve the data efficiently. It was initially released in 1983 and is written in C, C++, Java and Assembly language.
Difference between MariaDB and IBM Db2 :
|1.||It was developed by MariaDB Corporation Ab. in 2009||It was developed by IBM in 1983.|
|2.||It is written in C, C++, Perl and Bash languages.||It is written in C, C++, Assembly language, Java languages.|
|3.||The primary database model for MariaDB is Relational DBMS.||The primary database model for Db2 is also Relational DBMS.|
|4.||Server operating systems for MariaDB are FreeBSD, Linux, Solaris and Windows.||Server operating systems for Db2 are AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, Windows and z/OS.|
|5.||It provides the concept of Referential Integrity and has Foreign keys.||It also provides the concept of Referential Integrity and has Foreign keys.|
|6.||It provides ACID transactions without snapshot isolation.||It also provides ACID transactions.|
|7.||Some companies like CUNY, Accenture, Docplanner, Nasdaq, Red Hat, ServiceNow, etc use MariaDB.||Some companies like JPMorgan Chase, Bank of America, Scotiabank, Citi, etc use Db2.|
|8.||It has dynamic columns data schema.||It has a fixed data schema.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Cassandra and IBM Db2
- Difference between CouchDB and IBM Db2
- Difference between Couchbase and IBM Db2
- Difference between MS SQL Server and IBM DB2
- Difference between PouchDB and IBM Db2
- Difference between MySQL and IBM Db2
- Difference between SQLite and IBM DB2
- Difference between MS SQL Server and IBM Db2
- Difference between MongoDB and IBM Db2
- Difference between IBM DB2 and PostgreSQL
- Difference between IBM DB2 and MS SQL
- Difference between PostgreSQL and IBM DB2
- Difference between IBM DB2 and Maria DB
- Difference between IBM DB2 and MongoDB
- Difference between Elasticsearch and IBM DB2
- Difference between Derby and IBM Db2
- Difference between IBM DB2 and Amazon DynamoDB
- Difference between Neo4j and IBM DB2
- Difference between RDBMS and IBM DB2
- Difference between Redis and IBM Db2
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.