1. Malware :
Malware is an umbrella term that is used to cover all types of malicious software. Malware is designed to attack on organizations, corporations, and individuals by destroy data and resources, cause error and slow down the performance. Malware can be delivered to a networked system through emails or software installations or surfing via internet. Virus, trojan horses, worms, and spyware are the types of malware along with a few others which is more harmful.
2. Spyware :
Spyware is a type of malware that perform certain tasks include watching and tracking of user actions and collecting personal data. Spyware programs generally install themselves on user computer and provides profit to the third party by collecting data of user without his awareness. Moreover, spyware steal passwords and personal information of the users by running in background in the system.
Difference between Malware and Spyware :
|1.||Malware is a file or a code, designed to cause damage to a user’s personal computer and network.||Spyware is a form of malware designed to collect your personal information.|
|2.||Malware covers a lot of different malicious software||Spyware is one of the type of malware.|
|3.||Malware is more harmful than spyware.||Spyware is less harmful than Malware|
|4.||Malware can replicate itself and makes duplicate copy of it.||While, spyware can not self-replicate|
|5.||Malware can be detected and removed by the antivirus program.||Spyware can be detected and removed by the antispyware program.|
|6.||It can destroy data and resources, cause error and slow down the performance.||It provides profit to the third party by collecting data of user without his awareness.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Spyware and Trojan Horse
- Difference between Worms and Spyware
- Difference between Spyware and Ransomware
- Difference between Virus and Spyware
- Difference between Adware and Spyware
- Difference between Scareware and Spyware
- Difference between Rootkit and Spyware
- Difference between Malware and Ransomware
- Difference between Malware and Adware
- Difference between Virus and Malware
- Difference between Worms and Malware
- Difference between Malware and Trojan Horse
- Difference between Scareware and Malware
- Difference between Rootkit and Malware
- Malware and its types
- Top 5 Scariest Malware
- Virtual Machine for Malware Analysis
- Lab Setup For Malware Analysis
- Difference and Similarities between PHP and C
- Difference between Stop and Wait, GoBackN and Selective Repeat
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.