1. Long Term Evolution (LTE) :
LTE is a standard for high speed cellular data communication systems. It provides download speed of about 100 Mbps and upload speed of about 50 Mbps. It does not provide good quality voice call while using the data services.
2. Voice over Long Term Evolution (VoLTE) :
VoLTE is a much standardized system to make high definition voice calls. It allows the users to make voice calling while using the data services without changing the quality of the voice.
Difference between LTE and VoLTE :
|It is a data communication system.||It is also a data communication system to overcome LTE.|
|It may or may not support data and voice call services at the same time.||It always supports data and voice call services at the same time.|
|In case if it supports data and voice call together the quality of voice calling is not good.||While it supports HD quality voice calling while using data services.|
|It turns off data connection while making voice calls.||It does not turn off data connection while making voice calls.|
|Call connection between two users is slower (almost takes 7 sec).||If both users are on VoLTE, call connection is faster.|
|External applications like Skype or Whatsapp is required to make video calls.||No external applications are required to make video calls.|
|It is not widely used by users now-a-days.||It is more widely used now-a-days.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between DDR 5 and DDR 3
- Difference between ANN, CNN and RNN
- Difference Between SEO and SEM
- Difference between AIX and IBM i
- Difference between AIX and HP-UX
- Difference between CD and DVD
- Difference between AIX and QNX
- Difference between OOP and POP
- Difference between DFD and ERD
- Difference between C and C++
- Difference between LED and LCD
- Difference between C and C#
- Difference between HLP and PCP
- Difference between PIP and PCP
- Difference between PIP and HLP
- Difference between 4G and 5G
- Difference between IBM DB2 and MS SQL
- Difference between PNG and GIF
- Difference between MAN and WAN
- Difference between TDM and FDM
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.