Linux could be a free and open supply OS supported operating system standards. It provides programming interface still as programme compatible with operating system primarily based systems and provides giant selection applications. A UNIX operating system system additionally contains several severally developed parts, leading to UNIX operating system that is totally compatible and free from proprietary code.
Windows may be a commissioned OS within which ASCII text file is inaccessible. it’s designed for the people with the angle of getting no programming information and for business and alternative industrial users. it’s terribly straightforward and simple to use.
The distinction between Linux and Windows package is that Linux is completely freed from price whereas windows is marketable package and is expensive. Associate operating system could be a program meant to regulate the pc or computer hardware Associate behave as an treater between user and hardware.
Linux is a open supply package wherever users will access the ASCII text file and might improve the code victimisation the system. On the opposite hand, in windows, users can’t access ASCII text file, and it’s a authorized OS.
Let’s see that the difference between Linux and windows:
|1.||Linux is a open source operating system.||While windows are the not the open source operating system.|
|2.||Linux is free of cost.||While it is costly.|
|3.||It’s file name case-sensitive.||While it’s file name is case-insensitive.|
|4.||In linux, monolithic kernel is used.||While in this, micro kernel is used.|
|5.||Linux is more efficient in comparison of windows.||While windows are less efficient.|
|6.||There is forward slash is used for Separating the directories.||While there is back slash is used for Separating the directories.|
|7.||Linux provides more security than windows.||While it provides less security than linux.|
|8.||Linux is widely used in hacking purpose based systems.||While windows does not provide much efficiency in hacking.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Compare file system in Windows and Linux
- Creating sparse files on Windows/ Linux
- Difference between DOS and Windows
- Difference between UNIX and Windows Operating System
- Difference between Windows and AIX
- Difference between Windows and FreeBSD
- Difference between Windows and Android
- Difference between Windows and Chrome OS
- Difference between Windows and macOS
- Difference between Windows and iOS
- Difference between Windows and Haiku
- Difference between Windows and Genode
- Difference between Windows and AmigaOS 4
- Difference between Windows and IBM i
- Difference between Windows and HP-UX
- Difference between Windows and GhostBSD
- Difference between Windows and DragonFly BSD
- Difference between Windows and MINIX 3
- Difference between Windows and OpenBSD
- Difference between Windows and NetBSD
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : pp_pankaj