Array has length property which provides the length of the Array or Array object. It is the total space allocated in memory during the initialization of the array. Array is static so when we create an array of size n then n blocks are created of array type and JVM initializes every block by default value. Let’s see this in the following figure.
On the other hand, java ArrayList does not have length property. The java ArrayList has size() method for ArrayList which provides the total number of objects available in the collection.
Below is the implementation of the above idea:
- How to find the length or size of an ArrayList in Java
- How to determine length or size of an Array in Java?
- ArrayList size() method in Java with Examples
- Difference between ArrayList and HashSet in Java
- Java Collection| Difference between Synchronized ArrayList and CopyOnWriteArrayList
- How to determine length or size of a String in Java?
- Array vs ArrayList in Java
- Array of ArrayList in Java
- Array to ArrayList Conversion in Java
- Conversion of Array To ArrayList in Java
- ArrayList to Array Conversion in Java : toArray() Methods
- Partition the array into two odd length groups with minimized absolute difference between their median
- Difference between ArrayList and CopyOnWriteArrayList
- Replace each element by the difference of the total size of the array and frequency of that element
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : SatyaShekharBarik