Laravel is a PHP based framework. It is developed by Taylor Otwell June 2011 and it is free to open-source PHP web framework as well as supports model-view-controller (MVC) patterns for application development. This framework mostly used for developing a modest and full-featured application for web .laravel is written in PHP, and it is used for the backend side of web development.
Here are some Features of Laravel Framework..
1. Template Engine.
2. MVC Architecture Support.
3. Eloquent ORM (Object Relational Mapping).
6. Libraries & Modular.
7. Database Migration System.
Codeigniter is also a PHP based framework. It is developed by the British Columbia Institue of technology on 28 February 2006. and the original author is Ellislab a software development company. It is an open-source framework that is used for Application development a toolkit for people who build a website using PHP. It also uses a model-view-controller (MVC).
Here are some features of CodeIgniter Framework.
1. Model-View-Controller Based System.
2. Extremely Light Weight.
3. Query Builder Database Support.
4. Form and Data Validation.
5. Security and XSS Filtering.
6. Session Management.
7. Email Sending Class.
Here are the main differences between LARAVEL and CODEIGNITER:
|Database Model||Laravel is object oriented.||Codeigniter is relational object oriented.|
|Built in Module||It comes with built in Module.||It doesn’t comes with built in Module.|
|Integrated ORM||Eloquent ORM.||Doctrine Datamapper Gas.|
|Structure||It follow MVC structure of filing with command line tool know as Artisan.||It also follow MVC structure but it provide easy boarding based on object oriented programming.|
|Development and Templation.||Laravel is good for front end developer and it come with Blade template engine.||Codeigniter is easy to use and there is no template engine.|
|Libraries||It provide its own official documentation which is very helpfull.||It provide lots of built in functionality.|
|Utilized by||Laracasts, octoberCMS||Expression engine , PyroCMS.|
|Routing||It support Explicit Routing.||It support both Explicit and Implicit Routing.|
- Which One is Most Demanding Back-End Web Framework between Laravel , NodeJS and Django ?
- Difference Between Laravel and Ruby on Rails
- Laravel | Artisan Commands to know in Laravel
- Database Connection and Queries in Codeigniter
- Laravel | Installation and Configuration
- Laravel | View Basics
- Laravel | CSRF Protection
- Laravel | Directory Structure
- Laravel | Controller Basics
- Laravel | Validation Rules
- Laravel | Front-end Scaffolding
- Differences Between Django vs Laravel
- Laravel | Migration Basics
- Laravel | Delete Records
- Laravel | Routing Basics
- Laravel | Artisan Console Introduction
- Laravel | Eloquent Model Basics
- Laravel | MySQL Database Connection
- Laravel | Blade Templates Inheritance
- What are the differences and Similarities Between Lumen and Laravel?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.