1. Laptop :
Laptop is an all-in-one computer that uses batteries or AC power that can last for several hours. It can be easily transported. It is also called as Notebook. It has basically a LED or LCD screen. It can be operated by battery or AC supply that makes it portable. It is compact version of desktop where all the input, output and processing devices are inbuilt in a single package.
2. Tablet :
Tablet or Tablet Computer is a device generally operated with a mobile operating system. It has the touchscreen display and there is a rechargeable battery inbuilt in it. It is basically a thin and flat device. It does not have the physical key-board with it. The lasting time of battery in tablet is more as compared to battery life of the laptop. It is light weighted and is portable easily.
Difference between Laptop and Tablet :
|It is a portable computer device where all the units are inbuilt in a single package.||It is a touch screen display computer device which generally operates on mobile operating systems.|
|It is a bit bigger and thicker than tablets.||While it is smaller and thinner comparatively.|
|It has a physical key-board inbuilt into it.||While it does not have the physical key-board, it has onscreen key-board.|
|It has track-pad for mouse inbuilt in it.||While in tablet all the work is done with touch screen.|
|It is heavy-weighted in comparison of tablet.||While it is light-weighted comparatively.|
|It has lower battery lasting life.||While it has higher battery lasting life.|
|The battery of laptop may be detachable or non-detachable.||While it has the non-detachable battery.|
|It does not have slot for sim-cards.||Some tablets may have slot for sim-cards.|
|It is more expensive than tablet.||While it is less expensive comparatively.|
|It has more features in comparison of tablet.||While it has less features than laptop.|
|It may have CD or DVD player inbuilt.||While it does not have such functionality.|
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- Difference between Desktop and Laptop
- Difference between Desktop and Tablet
- How Computer / Laptop Starts ?
- Difference between RPC and RMI
- Difference between CLI and GUI
- Difference between SSH and SSL
- Difference between SDN and NFV
- Difference between TDM and FDM
- Difference between PNG and GIF
- Difference between ADO and ADO.NET
- Difference between DML and TCL
- Difference between 4NF and 5NF
- What is the difference between GUI and CUI?
- Difference between H.323 and SIP
- Difference between Blu-ray and DVD
- Difference Between Gi-Fi and Li-Fi
- Difference between CPU and GPU
- Web 1.0, Web 2.0 and Web 3.0 with their difference
- Difference between 1G and 2G
- Difference between GSM and LTE
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.