1. Laptop :
Laptop is an all-in-one computer that uses batteries or AC power that can last for several hours. It can be easily transported. It is also called as Notebook. It has basically a LED or LCD screen. It can be operated by battery or AC supply that makes it portable. It is compact version of desktop where all the input, output and processing devices are inbuilt in a single package.
2. Tablet :
Tablet or Tablet Computer is a device generally operated with a mobile operating system. It has the touchscreen display and there is a rechargeable battery inbuilt in it. It is basically a thin and flat device. It does not have the physical key-board with it. The lasting time of battery in tablet is more as compared to battery life of the laptop. It is light weighted and is portable easily.
Difference between Laptop and Tablet :
|It is a portable computer device where all the units are inbuilt in a single package.||It is a touch screen display computer device which generally operates on mobile operating systems.|
|It is a bit bigger and thicker than tablets.||While it is smaller and thinner comparatively.|
|It has a physical key-board inbuilt into it.||While it does not have the physical key-board, it has onscreen key-board.|
|It has track-pad for mouse inbuilt in it.||While in tablet all the work is done with touch screen.|
|It is heavy-weighted in comparison of tablet.||While it is light-weighted comparatively.|
|It has lower battery lasting life.||While it has higher battery lasting life.|
|The battery of laptop may be detachable or non-detachable.||While it has the non-detachable battery.|
|It does not have slot for sim-cards.||Some tablets may have slot for sim-cards.|
|It is more expensive than tablet.||While it is less expensive comparatively.|
|It has more features in comparison of tablet.||While it has less features than laptop.|
|It may have CD or DVD player inbuilt.||While it does not have such functionality.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Laptop and Notebook
- Difference between Desktop and Laptop
- Difference between Desktop and Tablet
- How Computer / Laptop Starts ?
- Difference between PIP and HLP
- Difference between IoE and IoT
- Difference between CRT and LCD
- Difference between CD and DVD
- Difference between MAN and WAN
- Difference between DML and TCL
- Difference between C and C#
- Difference between LED and LCD
- Difference between IBM DB2 and MS SQL
- Difference between TDM and FDM
- Difference between H.323 and SIP
- Difference Between Gi-Fi and Li-Fi
- Difference between Blu-ray and HD DVD
- Difference between BFS and DFS
- Difference between DTE and DCE
- Difference between 4G and 5G
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.