Jupyter notebook is an open-source IDE that is used to create Jupyter documents that can be created and shared with live codes. Also, it is a web-based interactive computational environment. The Jupyter notebook can support various languages that are popular in data science such as Python, Julia, Scala, R, etc.
Pycharm is an IDE developed by JetBrains and created specifically for Python. It has various features such as code analysis, integrated unit tester, integrated Python debugger, support for web frameworks, etc. Pycharm is particularly useful in machine learning because it supports libraries such as Pandas, Matplotlib, Scikit-Learn, NumPy, etc.
Below is a table of differences between Jupyter and Pycharm
|1||Jupyter notebook is a web-based interactive computing platform.||Pycharm is a smart code editor.|
|3||It can be classified as a tool in the “Data Science Notebooks”||PyCharm is grouped under “Integrated Development Environment(IDE)”.|
|4||Provides in-line code execution using blocks.||Provides smart auto-completion.|
|5||Provides in-line graphing suuport.||Provides intelligent code analysis.|
|6||It can be themed and supports kernel as well as latex.||It is powerful refactoring, virtualenv integration, and Git integration|
|7||It’s very flexible as compared to pycharm.||It’s not very flexible as comapred to jupyter and slow startup.|
|8||Tools like GitHub, Python, Dropbox, Scala, TensorFlow etc. are integrated with jupyter.||Tools like Python, Django, Anaconda, Wakatime, Kite etc. are integrated with Pycharm.|
|9||Comapnies like Ruangguru, Delivery Hero SE, trivago, Intuit, Hepsiburada, etc. are using Jupyter||Companies like Lyft, Bepro Company, trivago, Hepsiburada, Picnic Technologies, etc are using Pycharm.|
- How to install Python Pycharm on Linux?
- How to install Python Pycharm on Windows?
- How to Upload Project on GitHub from Pycharm?
- Jupyter notebook Tips and Tricks
- Getting started with Jupyter Notebook | Python
- Add CSS to the Jupyter Notebook using Pandas
- How To Use Jupyter Notebook - An Ultimate Guide
- How to install Jupyter Notebook in Windows?
- How to install Jupyter Notebook in Linux?
- Install Python package using Jupyter Notebook
- Using Matplotlib with Jupyter Notebook
- Jupyter notebook VS Python IDLE
- Markdown cell in Jupyter notebook
- Difference and Similarities between PHP and C
- Difference between Stop and Wait protocol and Sliding Window protocol
- Difference between 'and' and '&' in Python
- Similarities and Difference between Java and C++
- Difference between Yaacomo and and XAP
- Difference between VoIP and and POTS
- Python set operations (union, intersection, difference and symmetric difference)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.