CSV: CSV refers to Comma-Separated Values. It holds plain text as a series of values (cells) separated by commas (, ) in a series of lines (rows). CSV file can actually open in a text editor and read it. There are lots of applications for reading CSV files, and many languages provide built-in functions that simplify reading/writing CSV format. These files are majority used by professionals in data analysis or visualizations.
Below is a table of differences between JSON and CSV:
|2.||It is used as the syntax for storing and exchanging the data.||It is a plain text format with a series of values separated by commas.|
|3.||JSON file saved with extension as .json.||CSV file saved with extension as .csv.|
|4.||It is more versatile.||It is less versatile.|
|5.||It is used for for key, value store and supports arrays, objects as values.||It is a standard of saving tabular information into a delimited text file.|
|7.||It is less secured.||It is more secured.|
|8.||It consumes more memory as compared to CSV.||It consumes less memory.|
|9.||It support a lot of scalability in terms of adding and editing the content.||It does not support a lot in terms of scalability.|
|10.||It is less compact as compared to CSV file .||It is more compact than other file formats.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference Between CSV and Excel
- Difference between JSON and XML
- What is the difference between YAML and JSON?
- Working with csv files in Python
- Reading a CSV file in Java using OpenCSV
- Difference and Similarities between PHP and C
- Difference between Stop and Wait protocol and Sliding Window protocol
- Similarities and Difference between Java and C++
- Difference between Yaacomo and and XAP
- Difference between VoIP and and POTS
- Difference between ++*p, *p++ and *++p
- Difference Between DOS and Windows
- Difference between User Level thread and Kernel Level thread
- What’s difference between The Internet and The Web ?
- Difference between Priority Inversion and Priority Inheritance
- What’s difference between Linux and Android ?
- What’s difference between header files "stdio.h" and "stdlib.h" ?
- Difference between HTML and HTTP
- Difference between http:// and https://
- What's difference between MMU and MPU?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.