The isset() function is an inbuilt function in PHP which checks whether a variable is set and is not NULL. This function also checks if a declared variable, array or array key has null value, if it does, isset() returns false, it returns true in all other possible cases.
bool isset( $var, mixed )
Parameters: This function accepts more than one parameters. The first parameter of this function is $var. This parameter is used to store the value of variable.
array is not set.
This is also a predefined function in PHP which checks whether an index or a particular key exists in an array or not. It does not evaluate the value of the key for any null values. It returns false if it does not find the key in the array and true in all other possible cases.
bool array_key_exists( $key, $array )
Parameters: This function accepts two parameters as mentioned above and described below:
- $key: This parameter is used to store the value to be check.
- $array: This parameter is used to store an array with keys to check.
array key exists
Difference between isset() and array_key_exists() Function: The main difference between isset() and array_key_exists() function is that the array_key_exists() function will definitely tells if a key exists in an array, whereas isset() will only return true if the key/variable exists and is not null. Also isset() doesn’t render error when array/variable does not exist, while array_key_exists does.
- PHP | IntlCalendar isSet() Function
- Why to check both isset() and !empty() function in PHP ?
- What is the difference between is_a() function and instanceof in PHP?
- What is the difference between a language construct and a “built-in” function in PHP ?
- Difference between “!==” and “==!” in PHP
- What is the difference between (NaN != NaN) & (NaN !== NaN)?
- What is the difference between GUI and CUI?
- What is the difference between CSS and SCSS ?
- Difference between Where and Group By
- Difference between "." and "#" selector in CSS
- What is the difference between the | and || or operator in php?
- Difference between array() and  in PHP
- What is the difference between HTTP_HOST and SERVER_NAME in PHP?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.