Internet of Things: It is the field of computer technology, where physical devices are communicating over the Internet. Devices are termed as things which are sensors, actuators that communicate and send information to each other on the web. It is an ecosystem where the interacting devices share data through a communication media known as the internet.
These devices are instructed with code to operate on a special event.
Artificial Intelligence: It is the field in computer technology that uses data as fuel and human actions to decide the output. Machines that are AI capable and are capable of cognitive thinking that is responsible to decide on the past or responding to an action to which the machine was unaware. These systems are built to support automation in the traditional approaches of building systems.
AI machines learn from past experiences and improve their performance for the future.
Below is a table of differences between Internet of Things and Artificial Intelligence:
|Based on||Internet of Things||Artificial Intelligence|
|Connection type||A set of interconnecting devices over a network||Machine is independent and interconnecting is not needed|
|Capability||Device capabilities are known in prior||Machine capabilities can never be predicted|
|Interaction||Human Interaction is needed||Human Interaction is not needed|
|Future Scope||Human instructions are needed||Machine can learn and starts to act more human way|
|Need of Instructions||Needed to instruct devices||Machine it learn from experiences|
|Dependency||IoT won’t work without AI.||AI is not dependent on IoT|
|Applications||Applications include Smart Wearables, Smart City, Smart Home, Water Monitoring, etc.||Applications include Chatbots, Job Adverts, Natural language processing, Speech recognition, Machine vision, etc.|
- The role of Artificial Intelligence in Internet of Things
- Difference Between Artificial Intelligence and Business Intelligence
- Difference Between Artificial Intelligence and Human Intelligence
- Difference between Machine learning and Artificial Intelligence
- Difference Between Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Difference between Artificial Intelligence and Automation
- Internet of Things and careers in IoT
- Difference Between Artificial Intelligence vs Machine Learning vs Deep Learning
- Internet of Things (IoT) | Set 3
- Internet of Things (IoT) | Set 2
- Introduction to Internet of Things (IoT) | Set 1
- Internet of Things Based on Compressive Sensing
- Benefits of Internet of Things(IoT) in Manufacturing Industry
- Top Programming Languages for Internet of Things
- Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
- 8 Best Topics for Research and Thesis in Artificial Intelligence
- What is Bipolar Disorder and How Can Artificial Intelligence Help in Detecting it?
- How Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning(ML) Transforming Endpoint Security?
- How Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence Will Impact Global Industries in 2020?
- The State of Artificial Intelligence in India and How Far is Too Far?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.