1. Internet :
The internet is a globally connected network system facilitating worldwide communication and access to data resources through a huge collection of personal, public, business, academic and government networks. it’s governed by agencies just like Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (or IANA) that establish universal protocols.
2. World Wide Web (WWW) :
World Wide Web (WWW), byname Web, is leading information retrieval service of web (the worldwide computer network). Online gives users access to a huge array of documents that are connected to every other by means of hypertext or hypermedia links—i.e., hyperlinks, electronic connections that link related pieces of data so as to permit a user quick access to them. Hypertext allows the user to pick a word or phrase from text and thereby access other documents that contain additional information concerning that word or phrase.
Difference between Internet and WWW :
|1||Internet is a global network of networks.||WWW stands for World wide Web.|
|2||Internet is a means of connecting a computer to any other computer anywhere in the world.||World Wide Web which is a collection of information which is accessed via the Internet.|
|3||Internet is infrastructure.||WWW is service on top of that infrastructure.|
|4||Internet can be viewed as a big book-store.||Web can be viewed as collection of books on that store.|
|5||At some advanced level, to understand we can think of the Internet as hardware.||At some advanced level, to understand we can think of the WWW as software.|
|6||Internet is primarily hardware-based.||WWW is more software-oriented as compared to the Internet.|
|7||It is originated sometimes in late 1960s.||English scientist Tim Berners-Lee invented the World Wide Web in 1989.|
|8||Internet is superset of WWW.||WWW is a subset of the Internet.|
|9||The first version of the Internet was known as ARPANET.||In the beginning WWW was known as NSFNET.|
|10||Internet uses IP address.||WWW uses HTTP.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- What’s difference between The Internet and The Web ?
- Difference between Antivirus and Internet Security
- Difference between Internet and Intranet
- Difference between Serial Line Internet Protocol (SLIP) and Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP)
- Difference between Network and Internet
- Difference between Wifi and Internet
- Difference Between Internet of Things and Artificial Intelligence
- Difference between Internet, Intranet and Extranet
- Difference between Internet and Extranet
- Internet and Web programming
- The Internet and the Web
- Internet of Things and careers in IoT
- Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMP)
- Program to remotely Power On a PC over the internet using the Wake-on-LAN protocol.
- Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6)
- Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) Header
- Mobile Internet Protocol (or Mobile IP)
- Multipurpose Internet Mail Extension (MIME) Protocol
- Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP)
- Internet of Everything
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.