Interlaced Scan and Progressive Scan are the formation scanning technique wide employed in analog video system.
Interlaced Scanning takes place over dividing one frame. In interlaced scan, the displaying video speed is lesser than progressive scan. In interlaced scan, the video quality is vulgarized and there is present the combing effect in interlaced scan.
Progressive Scanning takes place through scanning all frame promptly. In progressive scan, the displaying video speed is quicker than interlaced scan. In progressive scan, the video quality is superior than interlaced scan and there is not present combing effect in progressive scan.
Let’s see that the difference between interlaced scan and progressive scan which are given below:
|S.NO||Interlaced Scan||Progressive Scan|
|1.||In interlaced scan, scanning takes place over dividing one frame.||While in progressive scan, scanning takes place through scanning all frame promptly.|
|2.||Interlaced scan is less efficient than progressive scan.||While progressive scan is more efficient than interlaced scan.|
|3.||In interlaced scan, the displaying video speed is lesser than progressive scan.||While in progressive scan, the displaying video speed is quicker than interlaced scan.|
|4.||There is present the combing effect in interlaced scan.||While there is not present combing effect in progressive scan.|
|5.||In interlaced scan, the video quality is vulgarized.||While in progressive scan, the video quality is superior than interlaced scan.|
|6.||Interlaced scan is less promoted than progressive scan.||While progressive scan is more promoted than interlaced scan.|
- Difference between Raster Scan and Random Scan
- Difference between SCAN and LOOK Disk scheduling algorithms
- Difference between FCFS and SCAN disk scheduling algorithms
- Difference between SCAN and CSCAN Disk scheduling algorithms
- Difference between C-SCAN and SSTF Disk Scheduling Algorithm
- Difference between C-LOOK and C-SCAN Disk Scheduling Algorithm
- Difference between FCFS and C-SCAN disk scheduling algorithm
- Scan-line Polygon filling using OPENGL in C
- Raster-Scan Displays
- Random-Scan Display
- Functions of Video Controller in Raster Scan System
- Difference between Stop and Wait protocol and Sliding Window protocol
- Similarities and Difference between Java and C++
- Difference between Yaacomo and and XAP
- Difference between VoIP and and POTS
- Difference and Similarities between PHP and C
- Difference between Time Tracking and Time and Attendance Software
- Difference Between Single and Double Quotes in Shell Script and Linux
- Difference between ++*p, *p++ and *++p
- Difference Between DOS and Windows
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.