Information Security is the measures taken to protect the information from unauthorized access and use. It provides confidentiality, integrity and availability. It is the super set that contains cyber security and network security. It is necessary for any organisation or the firm that works on large scale.
Network Security: Network Security is the measures taken by any enterprise or organisation to secure its computer network and data using both hardware and software systems. This aims at securing the confidentiality and accessibility of the data and network. Every company or organisation that handles large amount of data, has a degree of solutions against many cyber threats.
Difference between Information Security and Network Security:
|Information Security||Network Security|
|It protects information from unauthorized user, access and data modification.||It protects the data flowing over the network.|
|It is super set of cyber security and network security.||It is a subset of cyber security.|
|Information security is for information irrespective of the realm.||It protects anything in the network realm.|
|It deals with the protection of data from any form of threat.||It deals with the protection from DOS attacks.|
|It strikes against unauthorized access, disclosure modification and disruption.||Network Security strikes against trojans.|
|It provides confidentiality, integrity and availability.||It provides security over network only.|
|Information security ensures to protect transit and stationary data both.||Network security ensures to protect the transit data only.|
|It deals with information assets and integrity, confidentiality and availability.||It secures the data travelling across the network by terminals.|
GeeksforGeeks has prepared a complete interview preparation course with premium videos, theory, practice problems, TA support and many more features. Please refer Placement 100 for details
- Difference between Cyber Security and Information Security
- Difference between Network Security and Cyber Security
- Principal of Information System Security : Security System Development Life Cycle
- Need Of Information Security
- What is Information Security?
- Information Security | Confidentiality
- Vulnerabilities in Information Security
- Information System and Security
- Threats to Information Security
- Information Security | Integrity
- Availability in Information Security
- Message Digest in Information security
- Digital Forensics in Information Security
- Information Security and Cyber Laws
- Information Security and Computer Forensics
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.